Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Download music and you might get your PC in trouble.

this is way too funny
    or sad. depending on how you look at it.

http://news.com.com/2100-1025_3-1001095.html?tag=lh

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven{BGF}
    Do you talk about CD unreadable by computers???

I have see only one CD...actually one with the legend "No compatible with computer" (Something like that).

Something good about this, is that a mechanism developed by Sony:?:, I guess a zero track, could be "hacked"...with a simple text marker (the permanent ones). :geek: :wow:

I guess is the only way they learn...

But....

They never learn

haha i remember that it took millions to develop it was supposed to be revolutionary. People were asking if copying was gone forever then few hours after the new cds were sold to the general public some one found out that by covering the hacked last track on the cd makes it redable again... all that money and effort to be foiled by a :2cents: PEN

I think that every type of protection they can think of can be cracked. The only thing it will do is make production more expensive which will cut their margins. Which in turn means they will increase the price of the cd, which will mean more people will copy illegal cd's.
    And to think that those companies have marketing departments with people in it who earn more money than me.
    Fire those people, lower the prices, problem solved.
    How difficult can that be :shrug:
    "Make FPS, not war"

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    this is way too funny
    or sad. depending on how you look at it.

http://news.com.com/2100-1025_3-1001095.html?tag=lh
    damn to the hell...a temp employee issued a notice and no one even read it before doing so? how dumb can they get? its like giving a kid a pistol to shoot people...why was the guy given such an authority in first place?

look at the joke..."By way of additional apology, the RIAA said it will send Peter Usher an Usher CD and T-shirt "in appreciation of his understanding."

they r developing Trojans to compromise whole networks cos those netwroks are doing wrong to them and what do they do when they are found on the wrong end? send T-Shirts? lol
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I think that every type of protection they can think of can be cracked.
    Of Course. If my ears can hear it, I can copy it. Thats never going away, ever. And I'm not THAT much of an audiophile, so its no big deal to me, as far as quality. And honestly, MP3's are double the quality of radio, and people don't complain about radio being too bad sounding to use.

If I can hear it, I can copy it.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

-------------------------------------------------------
    "...In this particular instance, a temp employee made a mistake and did not follow RIAA's established protocol, and we regret any inconvenience this may have caused. We are currently reviewing any other notices this temp may have sent."
    -------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, sure...He didn't follow the protocol. Always the same excuse, "a mad employee did it, the company don't do that kind of actions"...What else?

Just...:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

[EDIT] Ups, too much blah's... [/EDIT]
    [EDIT] Again, how many is the limit??? [/EDIT]
    [EDIT] 6??? [/EDIT]

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios

look at the joke..."By way of additional apology, the RIAA said it will send Peter Usher an Usher CD and T-shirt "in appreciation of his understanding."

they r developing Trojans to compromise whole networks cos those netwroks are doing wrong to them and what do they do when they are found on the wrong end? send T-Shirts? lol

Like we say here: "no tienen madre" (sorry for the words)

Peter Usher says: "The RIAA has made my dream real, I always wanted a Usher CD and T-****...Thanks very much...I feel like if I have born again..."

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    software programs that would sabotage the computers and internet connections of people who download piated music, according to the industry executives.
    :rofl:

I got a blink 182 cd that won't play with a computer so the only way to listen to it is to rip it first. Also eminem 8mile that av software picks up as a virus(norton2002 says eminem.js virus) upon insertion into any cd drive.
    Both these cd's try to install software onto a windows computer.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w