Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Download music and you might get your PC in trouble.

Some of the world's biggest record companies facing rampant online piracy are quietly financing the developement and testing of software programs that would sabotage the computers and internet connections of people who download piated music, according to the industry executives.
    The record companies are exploring the options on new counter-measures, which some experts say have varying degrees of legality, to deter online theft: from attacking personal internet connections so as to slow or halt downloads of pirated music to overwhelming the distribution networks with potentially malicious programs that masquerade as music files.

Read more in NY Times Article - "Software Bullet is sought to kill Musical Piracy"

you will need: -
    username: tweaktown
    password: tweaktown
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

mmmm, in my opinion is better that "they" go for "pay to listen" or something like that, you know buy songs on-line, instead of begin to hunt people.

And what about if I want to listen the song before I buy the disc??? Sometimes I do that...

The record companies should think better, before applying their "solutions"

I have been watching the Music Industry Regime's attempts for years now. So far they are 0 for 18 in their attempts to stop or even hinder online music, and as for this 'attempt'... BRING IT ON.

The Regime is dying a slow and painful death, and one day, may actually have to get REAL jobs.

This regime has been allowed to exist for long enough! It is time the artists are given back their freedom !! 7.5 cents per CD is FAR too little money for all that the artists do, and that is the US average.

The Average music artist recieves 7.5 cents PER CD SOLD, so load up KaZaa Lite and fight back the oppressors who have censored your music for the past 80 years!

The music industry Regime HAS CENSORED your music. Madonna was refused by all record labels 3 times EACH before she was signed. Willie Nelson was refused by record labels for 20 years straight. And these stories are common! Just think the artists we MIGHT not have HAD!! AND THINK OF ALL THE ARTISTS WHO NEVER WERE accepted due to the REGIME's BRUTAL CONTROL!!!

Once the music industry regime has fallen, we will be free to pick our own artists, because it will be easier for them to compete and sell their own CDs (at a higher profit per cd), and then our dollars will democratically choose the musicians of the future.

Radio stations will be able to play the music that their listeners request! And not just "the new crap" 5 times a day. No Longer will radio stations be under the direct control of the "MUSIC INDUSTRY REGIME"

So arm yourselves! Get P2P, or Copy them over your network, or take your iPOD to your buddies House, burn them to mp3 cd's and hand them out. Whatever it takes! The quality of music depends on it! THIS REGIME WILL NOT LAST!
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

all i have to say to those freakin record companies...is COME MIERDA!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    STRANGERS STOP AND CAST AN EYE, AS YOU ARE NOW SO ONCE WAS I, AS I AM NOW SO YOU WILL BE. PREPARE FOR DEATH AND FOLLOW ME

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven{BGF}
    mmmm, in my opinion is better that "they" go for "pay to listen" or something like that, you know buy songs on-line, instead of begin to hunt people.

And what about if I want to listen the song before I buy the disc??? Sometimes I do that...

The record companies should think better, before applying their "solutions"
    they are already doing it, but will you pay when u have kazaa :devil win

Pay. Mix. Burn. :thumb:
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I dont think that they will get anything good done, as I can see someone sueing them because they lost all their data while downloading the "pirated" music.

I have never downloaded a song that I did not have permission from the artist to download. I have all of my cd's ripped to my hd as mp3s. I do not use any p2p services. But I can only hope that somehow this destructive crap from the RIAA gets on my machine and damages my files. I would try to sue the *******s for millions. I have boycotted buying new cds for quite some time now as a protest to their Gestapo tactics. As I write I am listening to internet radio. There is enough music available to meet my needs without my financing their BS with cd purchases. I don't advocate piracy. Find alternatives. Every dollar spent on new cds adds to their war chest.

Another weapon that they're using is the CDs which can be recognize by the computer...

Damn...what if my computer is my multimedia center??? Do they ever think??

Like bigjackusa I had ripped almost all my cds, I don't like to put a CD every time I want to listen to music, is more practical to have them in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven{BGF}
    Do they ever think??
    you wish :laugh:

i wonder whether they will ever be able to launch such things in reality. if they do...then i don't know how we will ever be able to prove that they released all this stuff.

thinking abt all this makes me go :mad: :mad:
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    i wonder whether they will ever be able to launch such things in reality.
    Do you talk about CD unreadable by computers???

I have see only one CD...actually one with the legend "No compatible with computer" (Something like that).

Something good about this, is that a mechanism developed by Sony:?:, I guess a zero track, could be "hacked"...with a simple text marker (the permanent ones). :geek: :wow:

I guess is the only way they learn...

But....

They never learn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information