Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some helpful criticism wanted?

I've just gone through and changed my webpage.
    What I'd like you to do *if you don't mind,* is let me what you think and what else it needs or whether anything should be changed.

http://members.hn.ozemail.com.au/smiley66/index.html

Thanks in advance.

P.S......don't be too judgemental. Just helpful criticism will do fine.

Beefy Guest

Not bad... I could be very critical here (you know me ;) ) but I'll just mention a couple things:

- For your tutorial table, it might look better if you simply do a list with the link at the start and then a brief description beside it of what that page has to offer, or what you got out of it. Blind linking isn't much fun.

- You could try putting different coloured backgrounds in the tables to show the different between headings and items, or scrap tables totally. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy

- For your tutorial table, it might look better if you simply do a list with the link at the start and then a brief description beside it of what that page has to offer, or what you got out of it. Blind linking isn't much fun.
    I did have it like that b4, but I felt I was rattling on a bit much with each site. I found it hard just to make it brief and to the point with each site.

I don't know that anyone might want to print any of your pages but I think black backgrounds are terrible for printing. I've seen people with a sloppy mess of expensive black ink wrinkling the page from an inkjet as well as unreadable text when printed from a b/w laser. I also thought the table items were links to other pages of yours, not other sites. Do other sites link to yours?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjackusa
    I don't know that anyone might want to print any of your pages but I think black backgrounds are terrible for printing. I've seen people with a sloppy mess of expensive black ink wrinkling the page from an inkjet as well as unreadable text when printed from a b/w laser.
    I never really thought about anyone wanting to print the page. I'll give the colour scheme a little more thought now.

Originally posted by bigjackusa
    I also thought the table items were links to other pages of yours, not other sites. Do other sites link to yours?
    The way I have coded the links in the table are so that when you click on a link, my page stays in the background and you are taken to a new page at another site, so if your finished on their page and close it, mine is still sitting in the background open.

Keep the suggestions coming. Thankz.

WS,
    I liked the site and found the links helpful.

Don't worry about the black background, as most people have background printing turned off. It is an option in both IE and Netscape.

:geek: me :geek:

I actually have a problem with my eyesight and I cant see contrasts so easily - black backgrounds are a killer for me :cry: so I must admit I have to switch off when I see a black background loading.
    I spend 10+ hours a day at w*rk behind a VDU - when I get home and surf I want something nice and easy to read. ;)

edit - soz - forgot to say (doh to me) that I thought the links and the content were great! :thumb:

G Smith

You must deal with a more competent class of users than I do. I still have to show people how to make shortcuts.

Well....yes that could explain the problem BlackJackusa. :confused:

I could be mistaken, but I believe IE at least is set by default to not print the background.

Maybe you've changed it already, but I found navigation intuitive.

That might be because I look at the lower left of the IE window and see where a link leads?
    That and a reasonable familiarity with most of those URL's made it a snap.
    For the novice surfer on the topic, the story is probably a bit different though.

Really G Smith?
    I didn't think it was M$ policy to turn off a "gee whiz" or resource consuming option within any default installation of their products?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information