Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Waugh No Longer Aussie 1 Day Captain

Beefy Guest

heard Healy on the radio this morning saying that Mark will probably not play the 1 day games either.. So there's another spot in the team to fill.

We don't really have many batsmen to replace them though unfortuntely. Every time they bring in someone new they always go out pretty cheeply. Nerves perhaps ?

We just need a way to work McGill into the side
    WooHoo !! I at long last have a job ! Yay for me !

----------------- Proof I think FAR too much ----------------

How does the headless horseman see where he's going ???

The new Australian One-Day Skipper is Ricky Ponting :)

My mother almost yelled the house down - she's a big fan of him :D
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Ricky Ponting hey? didnt really see that one coming..but good luck to him! hope he does well:)
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

Despite what Warney has done in the past, I think he should have got the spot.

Has anyone else noticed only Australian's have replied to this post. I think it's time some American's showed some interest in our wonderful game of cricket! :afro:

Tweak..think u could be right bout warney there...he's been around for a long time. and he knows his cricket..could be worth a try:?:
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

My view is that Shane Warne is definately more experienced than Ricky Ponting (Warnie has played 175 matches against Ponting's 131), but Shane Warne only knows how to play aggressively. The few times he's been captain of the one-day side, he's had very aggressive field settings and bowling changes. Fortunately, it worked for him, but sometimes there is a need to be passive in a one-day match. Ricky Ponting has the capability to be both aggressive and passive depending on the situation, so I think it's a wise decision to give him the top job :thumb:

Pointing ? Well ok, why not !

I see Glichrist didn't get a another shot ! It's not that his previous decisions were bad, just unfortunate. But you try telling the media that !!
    WooHoo !! I at long last have a job ! Yay for me !

----------------- Proof I think FAR too much ----------------

How does the headless horseman see where he's going ???

Also, in the case of Adam Gilchrist, the added strain of captaincy in conjunction with wicketkeeping and opening the batting would be too much many people have thought

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information