Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A woman's role

Thanks Old buggar, nice to see someone appreciates us :thumb:
    New rig
    P4 Titan 8S655FX
    PENTIUM 4 Intel 2.8c
    KINGMAX 2x512 DDR
    GeForce4 MX440
    DVD: LITEON x 16
    CDRW:LITEON 52x32x52
    LG FLATRON F700B
    NEWMEN OPTICAL MOUSE

Well my mother deserves a platinum medal for putting up with a like me for almost 21 years :D
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

we all deserve that, some more than others
    New rig
    P4 Titan 8S655FX
    PENTIUM 4 Intel 2.8c
    KINGMAX 2x512 DDR
    GeForce4 MX440
    LG FLATRON F700B
    NEWMEN OPTICAL MOUSE

*Sigh*...

This is really sad. It's too easy to bag scripture and misquote it when you don't understand it and have no idea what it's saying. I can assure you that NO Christian considers women to be second class citizens. We are all equal.
    WooHoo !! I at long last have a job ! Yay for me !

----------------- Proof I think FAR too much ----------------

How does the headless horseman see where he's going ???

Nice to hear that FrodgE
    I was on the phone to a man the other day at work and he started talking down to me!!!! that attitude you would normally get from pig-headed males, boy did I put that ass back in his place quick smart
    New rig
    P4 Titan 8S655FX
    PENTIUM 4 Intel 2.8c
    KINGMAX 2x512 DDR
    GeForce4 MX440
    LG FLATRON F700B
    NEWMEN OPTICAL MOUSE

As unfortunate as it may be, there are some people out there like that :(
    WooHoo !! I at long last have a job ! Yay for me !

----------------- Proof I think FAR too much ----------------

How does the headless horseman see where he's going ???

yes there is, however they get it straight back from me if thats how they are going to act
    New rig
    P4 Titan 8S655FX
    PENTIUM 4 Intel 2.8c
    KINGMAX 2x512 DDR
    GeForce4 MX440
    LG FLATRON F700B
    NEWMEN OPTICAL MOUSE

One Woman's Story. (United States of course)

A few months ago, when I was picking up the children at school, another mother I knew well rushed up to me. Emily was fuming with indignation. "Do you know what you and I are?" she demanded.

Before I could answer, and I didn't really have one handy, she blurted out the reason for her question. It seemed she had just returned from renewing her driver's license at the County Clerk's office. Asked by the woman recorder to state her occupation, Emily had hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself.

"What I mean is," explained the recorder, "Do you have a job, or are you just a .....?"

"Of course I have a job," snapped Emily. "I'm a mother."

"We don't list 'mother' as an occupation...'housewife' covers it." said the recorder emphatically.

I forgot all about her story until one day I found myself in the same situation, this time at our own Town Hall. The Clerk was obviously a career woman, poised, efficient, and possessed of a high-sounding title like 'Official Interrogator' or 'Town Registrar'.

" And what is your occupation? " she probed.

What made me say it, I do not know. The words simply popped out. "I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations".

The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in midair, and looked up as though she had not heard right. I repeated the title slowly, emphasising the most significant words.

Then I stared with wonder as my pompous pronouncement was written in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire.

"Might I ask," said the clerk with new interest, "just what you do in your field? "

Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself reply, "I have a continuing program of research (what mother doesn't) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and out). I'm working for my Masters (the whole darned family) and already have four credits (all daughters)."

"Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree?) and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is morelike it). But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards are in satisfaction rather than just money."

There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk's voice as she completed the form, stood up, and personally ushered me to the door.

As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up by my glamorous new career, I was greeted by my lab assistants - ages 13, 7, and 3. Upstairs I could hear our new experimental model (6 months) in the child-development program, testing out a new vocal pattern. I felt triumphant! I had scored a beat on bureaucracy! And I had gone on the official records as someone more distinguished and indispensable to mankind than "just another mother."

Motherhood...what a glorious career. Especially when there's a title on the door.

<center>:cheers:</center>

Looks like you scored big points at home with that post Wiggo:thumb:

Was ya' in the doghouse or what?:laugh:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Personally I can't see anything wrong with it :devil: http://www.jhs1.f2s.com/goodwives/

just look at their perls of wisdom

Qucik Hints

Sometimes, we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

Do not ask us what we are thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation and hockey.

Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

Shopping is not a sport, and no, we are never going to think of it that way.
    When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.

You have enough clothes. You have too many shoes.

Crying is blackmail.
    and

.::Men work very hard,
    Men work very hard to provide you with a roof over your house, food on the table, a car in the garage, and summer vacations. In return you should try to provide the king of his castle with some relaxation time.

:hammer:

But this site says it even better:devil win

http://debate.domini.org/newton/womeng.html

:devil:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information