Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Going back to finish my education!

Beefy Guest

It's hard to judge most people on here (smacktards aside) as you may answer a lot of questions in specific fields, but who knows where you got the info from, whether it be another thread, or a quick search on the net. However, technical knowledge aside, I've noticed that you are fairly willing to learn new things, you help out where you can (I don't know how many piracy threads you posted in with links to the main anti-piracy thread in the Windows forums) and you're fairly adept with most situations. I'd give you a job on the spot just for that. ;)

The cheque better be in the mail....

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    A person (who wishes to remain anonymous to everyone except myself) has offered to pay for most of the expenses (tuition, book, housing). The only stipulation is I basically have to sell my soul to this person... no I'm just kidding ;) . But this person will have a good deal of control over how I do things (which is understandable) and probably ride me hard until I finish my degree.
    AWESOME!
    Sounds very "Tale of two Cties"-ish. Did you help a bum/wanderer/criminal lately?

Regardless, im happy for ya.:thumb:

***I really hate answering questions like this, and I don't think I need to...

See ya l8er minibubba, take care and study hard.. :)

good luck pal :cheers: :thumb:
    you have all of my best wishes :)
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Good luck man, Hope it all works out for the best!

From what I've seen of co-workers taking PC's to shops.
    I doubt you are what they are looking for.
    You would likely fix it right the first time and not get those additional 2 trips to solve the issue that they so dearly love.

I have no experience with shops whatsoever, but around here anyway that seems to be the norm.

Keep the owner in the dark and act like you know what you're doing.

Never struck me that was your style at all.

But, it never hurts to ask now does it :thumb:
    Some of those schools have some great placement opportunitites for good students too.
    The faculty might have a lot of good news for you, just ask - it never hurts.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I spent the whole day down there today and almost 8 hours on the road ...:barf:

anyway, the school has a full time job placement person (don't know what their real title is) who seems way to eager to find me a decent job (she really seems to enjoy her job) ...one that will pay better than some lonely PC repair shop ( she mentioned something with a bank :?: ) ...so I could easily be employed and moved in before classes start in September :woot:

thanks for the support guys :cheers:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

the best of luck to ya from me mini :thumb:

I'd be looking at the bigger IT joints rather than PC shops, Hospitals, uni's, government departments are where the good job's are.

Just visit them & say your interested in part time work while you are doing your degree. Most bigger places need casual staff, and if you're good enough there may be a place for you when you've finished

10. Default

Avoid the state run institutions..I work at a state run uni/hosp and they dont get paid sh*t here...only reason why I'm still here is there paying for my school and I can retire with 20 yrs banked in about 7 yrs ;)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information