Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full package computer?

My girlfriends parents are looking to buy a new computer. It has taken me forever to convince them that gateway is crap, so i was wondering... What site should i bring them to, to purchase a new computer? They want a full boxed pc, no frills.. Just minimum stats.

ive visited dell, hp/compaq, gateway, and a few others but they are all crappy systems. The budget is around $600-$700.

80gb 7200rpm drive
    512mb RAM
    2ghz or faster processor
    decent video card
    and they request one of those cool mice with the blinking eye...

So whats a better place to purchase something like this?

just my biased opinon, but you should stay away from all the major national companies... Dell, Gateway, HP, Compaq, Sony,.... :barf:

:2cents:

best computer you can get would be to build it yourself or to find someone that knows what they are doing to build it ...can be cheaper that way too ;)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

yeah i know that, i realize that completly, but the thing is that i dont want to spend twenty hours putting together their computer from scratch. These are simple people.. They just want a computer that works, not one that works awesome.

It would be a huge priority off my hands to just have them buy a prepackaged PC that will only take like twenty minutes to get up and running.

I personally would never buy from one of these distributors... Im trying to ask which is the lesser evil. Which one sells a PC that can be customized but nonetheless a complete plug and play.

See, her mother is coming over in two days to browse around for one. She knows nothing about computers and im sure that browing around on Newegg.com isnt her idea of a great time. I dont have the time before then to do the research for her and in the end she doesnt care anyways...

Its not the easiest thing in the world to convince someone who knows nothing about computers that you do know what your doing... Especially if it takes five hours to put the thing together after you finally get all the parts in the mail. See where im coming from?

4. Default

those emachines you can get from best buy seem to be good for people like that.....my friend got one and hasnt had any problems with it.

It takesd you 20hours to buil a PC from scratch!? Takes me abput 3-4 ;) + Im getting ready to build somone a cheaper rig, and if youd like, I can EMAIL you the HTML file with the specs. Mind it was a $600 rig, so youve got another $100-$150 you could use to make the two marks of your it dont hit

sure, mail me the specs.. im cudofcow@comcast.net

and no, it doesnt take me 20 hours, but it does take more than 15 minutes which is probably more than they want to wait.

Just go to Local Computer Retailer and write down a few specs...look for them on newegg cut corners on things they don't need alot of and build them a system. It will come out cheaper. You don't have to browse newegg with her...that will be a big headache. Just tell her, "look for 600 bucks i can build you this..for 500 ..this and 400 that. Its gonna be close to the one you saw on Best buy but a different case." Buy a decent looking black case and there you have it. It doesn't really take you that long to build a system does it. Even if it did its fun to do on a sunday morning or whatever. At least for me.You can prolly find Windows XP (OEM) for a decent price too on newegg. I think that would be best just like everyone else. Plus you get all the credit for building "good system".

There are many way to go around it. You can purchase them a Nforce (reg) with which will cover your video and sound plus NiC. Then you buy a 1700+ for 40 bucks or so...then your 256 of PC2100 a decent case with a PSU and two or three fans with stock cooler and you're set.

BTW why is this on the BG?
    - Damien

Hehe, build a functional rig in 15minutes. Sounds like something to try ;). :D

I emailed you the specs m8

Thanks man, i figure if i come up with something on Newegg thats within the price range and i can get all of it in one package then things should go alright.

If you get windows xp OEM, does the OEM part mean that all you get is the disk and the key? Cause thats what i want.

Yes
    - Damien

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information