Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Exchange Student - Germany

Isn't there three types of high school? Realschule, Hauptschule and Gymnasium? If I remember correctly, German pupils are streamed after 4th grade, and go to the corresponding schools.
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

yep your right alb, they do get split up

but they have sweet school hours :D
    TT Original

haven't booked anything yet...

2 of my friends might be coming as well.. doubt i will be anywhere near them though..
    Asher Moses

well
    i recomend hamburg
    DEFINITELY NOT BERLIN THOUGH
    senic, yes; school, NO!
    TT Original

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    I was in the military, most guys I was with knew how to order a beer, as that met their needs fully.
    If I might be so intrusive, which branch? (Army here) I plan to make Germany one of my next requests for an overseas tour. That is, after I finish up South Korea :D

I have two years of conversational German under my belt, and I plan to get a more in-depth working knowledge of the language. Beautiful culture. I've been there once, as a part of a trip to Europe.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Sounds like a good oppertunity to me.

I too was in Germany as part of a military operation (training), and can say that the German people were the nicest of any country that I ever visited. We were in a smallish port city, and had a great time.

As to the language barrier, don't ever think that there is one. English is a required language for them to learn to advance in school, so they know it.

Me and a buddy of mine got friendly with a couple of the local women, so were able to learn a bit of the culture. It was kind of funny to see some of the US Servicemen sitting in an outdoor cafe thinking that the locals couldn't understand what they said. Some of them learned their mistake. :D

Basically, if you have the opportunity to get some foreign culture, then jump on it. I visited places that I'll never have the chance to see again, and still enjoy the memories of them.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Now that germany have the euro.. will everything be way more expensive because our dollar is low?
    Asher Moses

also.. when you guys went to germany did you go anywhere else in Europe.. I heard you can catch a train to france for 20 bucks and it only takes a few hours because they travel at 240km/hour! :)
    Asher Moses

hey my name is hay... i think u should go for it! serouisly!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information