Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 'puter died

I havent been around here and this is why: Ok, i went to sleep...6 am comes by..i wake up to let go of some morning wood...when i come back to continue the snooze..i here my Volcano 7+ turning on ..and turning off....( i left the 'puter on overnight)

So i wake up and turn off the comp via on/off switch...and lay down again...then i here Pssskkk...pop...pak...psssszzzzz....tisskak...vlop ps...and maybe a toktic in there ...i wake up to see flashes of blue..mind you i was half a sleep...so i freak out thinking my carpet is gonna get on fire..and i unplug it...next morning nothing dead as dead components can be.

What do you think died everything?...
    - Damien

Mine died as well last night. :tears: Maybe your PSU went up the spout

Maybe it was that thunderstorm...we had around here...i don't understand why it waited till i shut it off...:shrug:
    - Damien

I remember when I was in Florida there were some amazing thunderstorms. They were great. England tries but there not sucha large scale.

Maybe you or a something conductive got hit and it created a power surge that blew the PSU :?:

Most likely who know...i am gonna order a new mobo, and case...i have no idea what died tho...maybe somehing survived..who knows...

P.S. so you lived in Florida..and you went to England..why?...
    - Damien

Sorry, I'm English born and bred well half scottish, abit irish and abit welsh, born in London, live in Surrey. We had a holiday over there about 9 years ago

P.S. so you lived in Florida..and you went to England..why?...
    lol :laugh:

Sorry to hear that but if ya goin' to leave them on all the time at least make sure that ya have surge protection if not an UPS.

Surge protection is what i have...but they are not the best...i do have a tripplite which is very good but thats for my Stereo/Entertainment Center...the protection i have now is just a 5.99 or so...gotta invest a lilore on those if i want better protection...

I bet your new cafe is protected huh;)

Take Care:cheers:
    - Damien

I got me a nice $20 surg protector that has saved me twice now, but Im planning on buying a cheap UPS soon, as our power isnt exactly steady :(

I run an UPS for my server and modem but my place's power box is fitted with a surge protection unit so all the power thruout the whole house, shop and shed is covered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information