Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We need a forum

you remind me of a guy that doesn't want to put down the remote :laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Bah, with the amount of new people we get every day, personal greetings for each one is just a little too much. If people wanna come in and say hi, they do. If they just want a question answered then leave, they do. Each to their own.
    hear, hear - I agree with Beffy

remember, beefy is the not so nice administrator.........i expect that from him, but not someone with the name of sunshine.......i think this site, even with the number of members is pretty small and inactive compared to some other tech sites i've been a member of (probably why we have to petition to get noticed)...............there everyone comes out of the woodwork to be friendly and here they could take ya or leave ya, not very communal, but, hey...........it's your house :thumbs do

Im almost not a newbie anymore... I still want to change my name though. CudOfCow would be the best. It has nothing to do with beef, it only has to do with Cud. Cow Cud to be exact. That means puke.

beefy is boss.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mpetrie
    beefy is boss.
    I am? Wow.. OK, first things first.. Not Tweaktown no more.. it's Beefytown. Umm.. next we'll go through and ban all Canadians.. That's right, all of em. Might as well get rid of the French while we're at it.. They'll just surrender anyways.. :D

mpetrie, if ya want a change, just PM me and I'll do it.

JSR, part of my 'not-so-nice' title is the fact that I try and be realistic. I can't live in a dreamy world like some people where everyone gets their own little welcome, a little flower wreath and a basket of free stuff when they turn up. It's up to other people whether they come in to be all gushy and stuff with everyone else.

what should we make them do beefy? prance around? :laugh: some hero worship? :flames:

Beefy Guest

We shouldn't make them do anything.. We should help them if they ask for it, be nice (user permitting), and try to get them to understand that pointless posting really doesn't achieve anything.

:thumb:

Beefy Guest

I don't quite think you grasp that last point... or mental stability...

Quote Originally Posted by JSR
    really, sunshine?
    nah, just thought I'd say it!?! :rolleyes:

yes, I agree with Beefy and his reasoning.

like with any new group of mates you get out of a forum what you want and what you put in - you can join the group by saying hi if that's your style or you can skulk around if that is your style as well. there will be folks you get on with and folks you dont get on with - such is life.

but a personalised greeting to each and every person that pops in for a single question is sycophantic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information