Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real life superhero?

This is the website of Angle-Grinder Man, the world’s first wheel-clamp and speed camera vigilante.

I love that guy already
    "Make FPS, not war"

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu
    I love that guy already
    ditto - champ!
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

well, I'm going to rain on your/his parade and say....

having just moved out from Holland - Europe's most densely populated countries and having been the victim of speed cameras & fines, I still love wheel clampers & speed cameras.

Wheel clamps stop people parking illegally, or at least punishing those that do - how many times have you been furious there are not enough parking spaces? (normally filled by those who have overstayed) or times when some moron has parked in a really stupid space?

And speed cameras at least slow traffic down in the areas that they operate - even if people speed and then slow in front of the camera, the average speed is slower - and it has been shown that slower speeds on roads means more traffic can flow through the roads thus reducing congestion & stop-dead traffic jams. I lost count of the number of times I was in stop-dead traffic purely from the sheer-weight-of-traffic trying to use the system.

Sunshine: In London there are now so many parking restrictions, controlled zones, bus lanes etc that it is almost impossible to find anywhere to park. On top of that £3.00 in every gallon of diesel / petrol is tax, and now you have to pay £5.00 to drive in and out of Central London each day (Mon - Sat). And I'm sorry but whilst speed cameras do cause people to slow down, most are not situated in accident hotspots as they are supposed to be, but where drivers are most likely to speed. Funny that you mentioned Holland which has an extremely active anti speed camera group, as you can see here. It's about time that the UK Goverment stopped hitting the motorist everytime it needs to raise a bit more cash.

weta: one news article about a small province in the south of the netherlands does not make "an extremely active anti speed camera group". besides, if you actually read my post carefully you'll find that I didnt say the Dutch were pro-speed cameras. Have a look. ;)

In London there are now so many parking restrictions, controlled zones, bus lanes etc that it is almost impossible to find anywhere to park. On top of that £3.00 in every gallon of diesel / petrol is tax, and now you have to pay £5.00 to drive in and out of Central London each day (Mon - Sat).
    so take public transport. and yes I think the government should provide more money to support public transport.

I'm sorry but whilst speed cameras do cause people to slow down, most are not situated in accident hotspots as they supposed to be, but where drivers are most likely to speed.
    and that's my fault how?!?! :rolleyes:

Sunshine

1. My "extremely active anti camera group" comment was based on a one hour TV documentary I saw recently, that link simply served as an example.
    2. I was trying to highlight some of points behind Angle Grinder Mans gripe with the authorities, it was not a personal complaint as it doesn't affect me.
    3. Where did I say that it was?

Dutch anti speed camera site De Tuf-tuf Club.

I live in Holland too. I can understand the point of using wheelclamps to discourage illegal parking, but those **** Gatso's have no use but to raise money for the government. If they want them to increase safety, they should place them in front of schools or in highly populated areas. Not in the middle of nowhere. If I drive 110 Km/h on a 100km/h road in the middle of the night, how is that dangerous?
    If our government would just be more open about things. They are against smoking and drinking, but man do they love the taxes on tabacco and alcohol.
    "Make FPS, not war"

Nosferatu: Here in the UK more and more people are driving, yet 1000's of parking spaces are being lost to Bus lanes, Red Routes, Controlled Parking Zones etc. People get fed up driving around in circles for hours simply looking for somewhere to park, wasting petrol, causing pollution and creating traffic congestion in the process. Many people can't use or don't want to use public transport, that is their right. It's up to the Government to provide more parking spaces and not less. To me this situation is no different to the speeding one. By deliberately removing parking spaces, they know that more people will park illegally and they earn a lot of money from this in fines, clamps and tow aways.

Other information: Safe Speed article

We say speed cameras and the policies that support them are now costing over 1,000 lives every year.

Here are our calculations and conclusions

ummmmmmm

what the....
    http://www.pcmodware.com/hoastedimg/pcmodwarebanner.jpg
    all you modding/hardware needs at one location at discounted prices,
    Sales@pcmodware.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information