Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Legislation to outlaw home built PCs.....

I don't see this passing...

Me neither just as Intel said, it would stiffle the market to much, plus it would let other markets gain in technological advancement over the US as well and I don't think that they would like that. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I don't see it passing but it shows that they are cooking up new ideas to bring us one more step into global "cattle branding" if you will

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    It's unlikely that it will pass, but just the fact that it was drawn up as a Bill and made it as far as it did makes you have to take notice. It's scary what a small person with a bit of authority can accomplish. Lets just hope that idiots like this will remain a minority for the sake of us all.
    That's the best answer I've seen, Darth.

how are they gonna stop u with the internet being so widely available, are they gonna search every bit of mail?

A pretty big task certainly - but not an impossible one if you are commited.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Ok then for those who want to voice their opposition here is a petition for ya.
    This has only been cooked up by the Motion Picture Association of America with the help of a couple of lapdog senators though the U.S. House of Representatives doesn't seem to impressed with implementing this according to this article.
    Yep some of you may have seen these links plus others in the news post this morning. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks for the linkage Wiggo!
    I'm not sure how worthwhile an online petition is (any lawyers in the house?), but in the hopes that it is kosher, I signed it.
    I encourage any other TT members of legal age, residing in the USA to do the same.

I guess it can't hurt, as long as it doesn't put me on another spam list - and if it does, would I even notice.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

IF this thig passes, I'ma moving somewhere where i can build my own dmn computer anyway i please AFTER i go and punch everyone of them bass in the mouth :snip: :angry con
    Mother's computer WIN XP, ect

Life is hard;its harder when you're stupid--John Wayne

No need to run off D D.
    They don't even have enough prisons to begin to hold all the outlaws created by such a law:thumb:
    We'll be plenty safe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information