Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Response to Signature Removal

Quote Originally Posted by Albinus
    Since I disabled signatures, the longest part to load is actually the ad banners :eek:
    They are cached, it was like what you told me about the smiles - They shouldn't take long.

Well, I haven't complained for almost a year, my reason for dislike of the signatures is simply because the pages become so damn huge. At one point this forum was limited to 15 posts per page, because the signatures were so huge.

The other forums I frequent have 40 posts per page, and its wonderful. No need to be always going to the next page.

And for the argument, "I need to pimp my pride and joy EVERY post" Thats retarded. If anything, just have a link to your own website, so that when you have a problem, we can go look at your components. No need to scroll through it 500 times, and look at it once.

Congrats/Thanks Tweak

15 replies has always been the forum default but that could always be change in the user cp. :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Actually zeradul a link to a personal website is redundant.
    The little button labeled www at the bottom of a post is a link to the posters site - provided the information was filled in in the user's CP.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak

They are cached, it was like what you told me about the smiles - They shouldn't take long.

Nope. The ones hosted on TT are OK, but the other ones from (I think Rydium?) :?: are purely at random and are not normally cached I'm sorry :(

Thanks Wiggo, thats wonderful.

None of us have the right to complain about the ads, they are a source of cash that goes towards paying to host this site. If you want to pay to have your signature hosted, How about 5 cents per load. I'm sure Tweak would let you at that rate.

Mr. C makes my point. No need for signatures at all with the www link. That was sarcasm, and I want to point out, one, two or three lines with some of your own personal info isn't so bad, its the 40 line ones that aggravate me.

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    Thanks Wiggo, thats wonderful.

None of us have the right to complain about the ads, they are a source of cash that goes towards paying to host this site. If you want to pay to have your signature hosted, How about 5 cents per load. I'm sure Tweak would let you at that rate.

Mr. C makes my point. No need for signatures at all with the www link. That was sarcasm, and I want to point out, one, two or three lines with some of your own personal info isn't so bad, its the 40 line ones that aggravate me.
    5 cents a load? You'd go broke faster than you could say superkalifragilisticexpealidoucious!

Well my pic is hosted on another site so its just the code in my sig that takes the space. Probly about 1KB at the most.

:( Bugger! Does this mean I can't use Surfie anymore?

Ya surfie is fine as it's hosted elsewhere. ;)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information