Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: hate to say this.

well a few hours ago my mobo got "fried" . there was a big surge and everythiing when messed up.

so i am goina try and format the computer and see if that helps .

but i might not be back till my new computer it built.

so see you guys around.

ouch ouch and double ouch!!

Scary scenario for sure.
    Best of luck and hurry home:)
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Beefy Guest

Ummm, that could have just as easily been a 'Hi, I'm new here' post. Nice to meet you, I guess.. :?:

That's why they make surge protectors but UPS are even better. :hammer:

well it turns out that i might be able to still get everyhing working with my computer. i am gona have to redownload everything and then it might work. its gona take a bit of time tho.

I dont think that your motherboard was fried, but more likely the power cut out while the hard drive was being used and corrrupted it. If you motherboard was fried there wouldnt be much you could do to fix it. I had the same thing happen to me once before, while using a surge protector but not ups, the power cut out and corrupted my hdd. I ended up just tossing it and getting a new one (it was only 8 gigs) but you might be able to salvage yours.
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/neo2600/SystemSpecs.gif

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don''''t.

Thread Information