Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1942 game video,music.(2.76MB)

First of, since when are Eminem a band? Do ya homework kid before ya speak..

The man is nothing less than a genious IMO.
    As mini was saying, each to their own. I like that fact that you think your opinion is the 'correct' one. It's like getting marks in an art class. Who's to say what's good art and what's not? Everyone has their own likes and dislikes... You can't tell other people their opinions are wrong in cases like this.
    Heh, I know that it's all a matter of preference, of course, but I do not consider Eminem to be a genious. There are much better rap artists out there than him. I don't like rap, but I certainly know good music when I hear it - he's the type that appeals to teenagers who want to rebel against some obscure and ultimately false cause. Not only that, but he relies on swearing, drugs, etc. in every song of his. Now, I'm not a musical genious like Eminem supposedly is, but when someone has to cram "f*ck" into every sentence of every song, well, something isn't right.

I know that people have different opinions than others, and I can easily accept that. It's not like I'm out to get those who like things I don't. However, bad music is simply bad. I don't like to listen to all forms of music, but I can still tell when something is good and something is bad. I don't trash things that I don't like for the sole reason that I don't like them.

minem does rap, nice comparison.. Ya born 88 and listen to jazz & blues..? Yeah you if anyone should dizz him then..
    What the hell does that even mean? The sound of an old song doesn't change over time, and if it's good when it was made, then it's going to be good thirty years later. Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, and The Beatles are all examples of this.

As for Linkin Park...well, I can't say much, but know that while their songs are indeed somewhat catchy, they seriously lack in any talent, relying on synthesisers, single, repetative phrases, and their whiny singing in order to sound decent. They have no instrumental parts, the chorous is played every fifteen seconds due to the length of the songs, and everything is just plain weak.

And just to show you what good songwriting is, take a listen to a song like Dance Of Death or Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden. Here's the lyrics to Hallowed Be Thy Name - and the lyrics are only half of the song's majesty. Just read over these and tell me that it is not worlds beyond what Eminem and Linkin Park have come up with. I know that lyrics are again just half the battle, but I also can't convey the sheer artistic brilliance of the music itself with mere text alone.

-----------------

Artist: Iron Maiden
    Album: The Number Of The Beast
    Song: Hallowed Be Thy Name

I'm waiting in my cold cell when the bell begins to chime
    Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much time
    'Cause at 5 o'clock they take me to the gallows pole
    The sands of time for me are running low

When the priest comes to read me the last rites
    I take a look through the bars at the last sights
    Of a world that has gone very wrong for me

Can it be there's some sort of error
    Hard to stop the surmounting terror
    Is it really the end not some crazy dream

Somebody please tell me that I'm dreaming
    It's not so easy to stop from screaming
    But words escape me when I try to speak
    Tears they flow but why am I crying
    After all I am not afraid of dying
    Don't believe that there is never an end

As the guards march me out to the courtyard
    Someone calls from a cell "God be with you"
    If there's a God then why has he let me die?

As I walk all my life drifts before me
    And though the end is near I'm not sorry
    Catch my soul 'cause it's willing to fly away

Mark my words please believe my soul lives on
    Please don't worry now that I have gone
    I've gone beyond to see the truth

When you know that your time is close at hand
    maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down there is just a strange illusion.

-----------------

Now, I'm not stating that Eminem, Linkin Park, and all of the other similar bands are horrible, but really, you act like they are better. They are just less talented, plain and simple, and that's really all I've ever been saying in the first place.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SearanoX
    As for Linkin Park, Beefy...well, I can't say much, but know that while their songs are indeed somewhat catchy, they seriously lack in any talent, relying on synthesisers, single, repetative phrases, and their whiny singing in order to sound decent. They have no instrumental parts, the chorous is played every fifteen seconds due to the length of the songs, and everything is just plain weak.
    I think that was aimed at minibubba.. :) but I'll take offense to it all the same.

Whoops, wrong person there, heh. Didn't notice that bubba had changed his avatar...and the colours of yours and his are similar. That's probably what messed me up with that.

*runs off*

have you actually listened to the words of Linkin Park songs? They have a bit more depth than most people seem to realize.

As far as I'm concenerd, there is no such thing as bad music. There is certainly music I don't care to listen to (Iron Maiden for example :p ), but there is no bad music. If you like it, then great, if you don't then move on or buy ear plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by SearanoX
    *runs off*
    *chases him down and beats him with a Linkin Park Album*:devil:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Bad music? Yes, there is bad music. While personal preference is part of the equation, you can certainly tell when something is good and bad just by listening to it. Linkin Park and Eminem aren't the worst things to ever hit the Earth, but they're nowhere near as good as people make them out to be, and they certainly don't have anywhere near the level of talent of other people. Of course, talent never equals success, and quite often, the less-talented are the ones that succeed.

And you don't really do the quoting style of debating here, do you? Hmm...

*gets up and sics Eddie (if you don't know who he is, all the better) on minibubba*

:rolleyes2 this is going no where....

why do you think you are such an expert on good and bad music anyway? Has making a subborn choice not to listen to the music everyone else does in high school finally gone to your head?

i suppose you think techno and trance are 'bad' music to...

Stubborn choice? No, it's because of the fact that I like the music, not because I want to rebel or anything stupid like that. I can also recognise that generally it takes much more talent to be successful in certain genres, and I have more respect for good arists because of this. With bands like Linkin Park, 50 Cent, or whatever, they aren't successful because they're necessarily good, but because of their attitude. They cater to the teenagers that are generally (and I say that because not all are like that) insecure about social status, etc.. It's kind of like Maddox's thing about "listening to cool music makes us cool".

And I know that this argument will go in circles forever. Really, I don't expect anything to come out of this. I don't mean to be a troll at all, but I'm a little deprived of debates at the moment, and let's face it...debates are always fun, and I haven't had a good one in a while.

EDIT: Gah, don't edit stuff like that...gets annoying. :p

No, I don't think that techno and trance is bad, because it actually gets to be rather interesting. Some of the stuff out there is quite good, just like pop. However, it's hard to find the best stuff, but when you do, it pays off.

And I'm also a Rammstein fan - German metal band that also combines techno elements into their music.

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    have you actually listened to the words of Linkin Park songs?
    I wouldn't think so.

He should take some time to listen to eminem as well before claiming that every lyric relies on swearing and drugs.. :rolleyes2

ah, Rammstein, first thing we've agreed on so far :D

I certainly hope you aren't lumping me into the 'i wanna be a cool teen' category (haven't been a teen in a while for one thing). I guess I should take offense to that too while I'm at it :p

Trance and techno aside, i generally like some meaning to my music along with a good beat, something that groups like Linkin Park, Evanescence, and Dream Theater seem to have plenty of. Hell, even Eminem has depth and meaning in many of his songs if you actually take the time to listen instead of immediately brushing it off as 'bad music' ('bad music'... that still makes me laugh); besides, do you think he would piss off so many people if he just made lousy music?
    Bad music is like bad art, it doesn't exist. There is only what you like and don't like.

You never answered my last post, what make you think your suck an expert?

If you like to debate so much, you need to be a mod somewhere ;)

Stubborn choice? No, it's because of the fact that I like the music, not because I want to rebel or anything stupid like that.

Oh so all his grown up fans like myself are just a bunch of rebeling kids.. :rofl:

I can also recognise that generally it takes much more talent to be successful in certain genres

Do you really think it's easy to write lyrics the way he does? The man is nothing less than a pure genious in my opinion.

Everybody to their own, but your way to speak makes you look like a complete moron, with comments like "bad music is simply bad" makes your lack of self distance even more embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that people like you excist, so that Eminem gets the fuel he need to keep bully em'.. :flames:

Edit: minibubba I like techno to..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information