Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: LotR clean sweep at the Oscars

Quote Originally Posted by Soultrape
    The Matrix = for Thinking people
    LOTR = for Ass, Wanna-be-spoon-fed people
    I got news for you pal, LOTR has 50 times the real world 'thinking' references that the Matrix has. I've read numerous reviews of the matrix where the critic criticized the ignorant portion of audience for thinking there was intellectual commentary where there was none. The best example is "There is no spoon" That means NOTHING to anyone in the real world!

Considering yourself an intellectual for thinking the Matrix is intellectual is tremendously ironic.

You know not, that you know not.

But then again, ignorance is Bliss.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Beefy Guest

The Matrix evokes a little thought on the ideas of existance and realism. But it's short lived thought. It's the same as many other future / altered reality based movies, such as Existenz. There's so many subtle ideas and undercurrents in LotR, that most people won't see them (especially from the movie). Read the books, and then get back to us.

http://matrix.ugo.com/zionswitchboar...threadid=21995

Read the longest Post, if it gets you kick'en, start looking for the long posts mate... haven't read it all, but it explains alot of things i needed to dwell on.

It's deeper than all your mumbo jumbo LOTR

Beefy Guest

Read it before. I'm not even gonna bother arguing anymore. :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    But aren't the books always better than the movies?
    nooo!!! i like my p0rn movies better than those magazines. oh wait...its not about that. is it? sorry guys...pls carry on.
    *ducks and leaves the room*
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Is it just me or has the forums suffered from a nasty flaming disease lately..

Seems the bird Flu flock as made a TT fly over:scream:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

a Final note,

for those who were a bit disappointed by the Sequel to The Matrix (Reloaded and Revo), and if you did watch them, go read the thread i mentioned before, go through them one by one, and find the longest post (There's a guy there that, imo, explains things in a very valid fashion)

Reloaded and Revo aren't about the Symbolysm, there's a story in there, you can ignore (completely) all the symbols in the story, which are there only to prove that they can be very coherent.

Go read it, you won't be disappointed.

I have no problems with LOTR, i've watched the first, the second, was annoyed thus far, I will watch the 3rd, soon. All i'm saying, the plot is too linear, no major twists and turns, nothing that made me Think too much, try and dwell into the concequences of one's action too much.

There for, i find that movie, in a personal perspective, un-worthy of the OsCrap (an award that's proved itself idiotic due to the lack of attention, when it came to The Matrix), the distaste is bound to my lack of enthusiasm to such movies, if you like to be spoon-fed, so have it... It was nice watching the LOTR movies, but simply not satisfying.

I can safely say that The Matrix series was the deepest movie ever created, regarding concept, implementation, logic, symbolism, and it was Shot off by critics, award givers, public that did not want to see beyond the obvious, the obvious that was mostly uncomphrehendable to many.

Plain shame... I'm not flaming nor BSing, those are my reasons, for a world without reason ^_^ :spam:

Hey, Soultrape.........i hear Mr. Ebert is looking for a new
    partner with your movie trashing skills:p
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    nooo!!! i like my p0rn movies better than those magazines. oh wait...its not about that. is it? sorry guys...pls carry on.
    *ducks and leaves the room*

books can still be better:devil:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information