Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The joys of motoring", my folks say

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Well I hope everything works out to the best for you. :)
    Thanks

Will see panel beater as well, might not be as bad as first thought. Luckily I am quite friendly with a local panel beater who does good work, he will look after me.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Should be interesting to see the "at-fault" percentage.

You might get dinged a little bit because you were in the process of passing when it was not "safe" (what the insurance company would call safe)

Insurance companies are whacked in the head, so who knows. Hope it's not more than 25% for you
    http://www.statgfx.com/statgfx/foldi..._original&.jpg

There are 10 kinds of people in the world...those that know binary numbers and those that don't

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    A person can drive around without an insurance that will pay for any damage he might cause??

That's illegal here.
    it is here too. at least one one was injured
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    I'll have to see what the insurance company says tomorrow - I'm not sure how it all works but when you get your car rego you pay money for third party insurance so maybe that will come into it.
    Sorry m8 but that is only for personal injury. Your insurance company will foot the bill for repairs and then sue the other joker for all costs.

Good news, I think!

Initially the insurance company says they don't think it was my fault. I need to wait now and see what they end up deciding.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

If it had happened in the US, you would almost certainly be held 50+% responsible. Their logic is that "You did the hitting" That logic may seem flawed, but that amount keeps people from going out and causing accidents that look like they are not the fault of the driver, just to get the insurance money.

I'm thinking AU won't be much different, but who knows...
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

The insurance guy said:

"Technically, it is his fault because he changed lanes without giving way"

So, we'll see...
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

hate to be a bummer here mate, but all insurance companies want you to say it was the other's fault.
    do you have "small claims court" in Aus? where you can sue the other guy for "small" sums (eg less than $3000)? cos I think this may be where this claim is going - it's not your fault so your insurance company wont take the costs but the other guy wont/cant pay.
    keep sweet with the insurance company, be helpful, and they might fight this guy for his money for you.
    best of luck:thumb:

ps I knew a girl who reverse parked into another car. she got out and admitted it was her fault. she got sued and dumped by her insurance company for admitting liability. sick world eh?

that fosters girl needs a severe beef(y) injection ......:laugh:
    • Q: What is the difference between erotic sex and kinky sex?
    A: During erotic sex you use a feather, during kinky sex you use the whole chicken.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information