Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: TweakTown going insane again?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Where the heck are these forums going? :D

Beefy Guest

OK, fair enough, some of the wrestlers aren't all that good at the public relation side of things, but you can't pick on them for that.. They are athletes.. They aren't necessarily going to have what it takes to act in front of 50,000 people...

We all see bad acting on TV everyday.. Why don't you comment on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kay
    ... still each to their own I suppose :kay:
    Thats funny. You used the :kay: when we're talking about wrestling. Ha.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beefy
    [b]Just as a final something to think about....

TV shows aren't real... So, for all those people that don't watch wrestling cos it's 'fake', then why do you watch TV shows? Like I said earlier, not watching because it's 'fake' is the lamest excuse....

I dont watch tv or soaps for the fact of the matter, they're nearly as fake as wrestling.

Wrestlers are athletic ppl, I'll give them that. The amount of time they spend in the gym is unbelievable.
    However, as for their acting skills they leave much to be desired. I rather watch them pump iron then see them fake fall or whatever else they TRY to do.
    I could sit and watch a proper fight, boxing, kick boxing, etc..... no trouble at all.
    As for the bullsh.. wrestling, I'd rather watch two ants carrying crumbs home to feed their family all day, rather than watching that crap.

Beefy Guest

Ten years ago, I would have agreed. but wrestling has actually changed a lot over the years. I was watching an old Wrestlemania highlight tape from the early 80's, and I was disgusted.. I couldn't stand how crap it was..

But things are totally different now. Sure, you see the rare fake fall and things, but there is so much more impact now. Yeah, I know they are trained to take the fall when they have to, but it's still gotta take a lot out of them. And they connect far more hits now than they used to...

Now that you say you don't watch soaps and stuff, I can see why you don't like wrestling... they are both forms of mediocre acting... so you're against wrestling even more than the others here.. they're the ones i'm trying to get through to.. and so far not much has been said...

The cat's got their tongue :?: Not many of us in here anymore.

I haven't watched wresting much lately. I watched wrestling when when it first got popular enough to be shown on television in the US. It has actually been around forever. It was very fake, but I didn't realize it as a kid. I thought it was the most exciting thing I had ever seen. I stopped watching when I found out it was fake. Not that it was any different, but it was more the dis-illusionment.

In the "old days" they used to keep razor blades stuck in there wrist tape. when someone delivered a blow across the head, they would fall and huddle up and in those few seconds make a quick cut across their forhead. Small head wounds like that don't bleed a lot, but as the match progressed, that little bit of blood mixed with a LOT of sweat, made for some very graphic color photos for the wrestling mags.

The superstars are excellent athletes, The Rock played professional football. *ahem* Hulk Hogan was actually a concert pianist before becoming a wrestler. Some of the things that they do in ring are pretty impressive to see. All that being said, it a great testament to their training and "skill" that a lot more serious (aka life or career threatening) injuries don't occur.

Just my $1.27
    JM
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Sadly i have to agree with the women here. Wrestling is fun to watch every once in a while, but the story lines with the McMahon fmily are WAAAY too "days of our lives" ridiculous drama. And it doesnt exaclty attract the most... ah... intelligent crowd. If wrestling were entertaining enough to watch, why the drama and the storylines? Every other "real" sport can just have scheduled matches that have nothing to do with revenge, grudges, and or party affliation. Its quite respectable to sit down and watch football or baseball or basketball, and that still attracts a large crowd, without the BS storylines. My roommate loves it, so i've seen it many time, and i somewhat think the Rock/Hogan match will be cool. (havent seen it yet, if its out aready, stee will let me borrow it)

I think wrestling should take a more professional turn in its BSing if it wants the professional reputation all of its fan see in it.

Beefy Guest

OK, there's something else I'll have to agree with. Some of the storylines they use to hold it together is very crap... But then again sometimes it's actually very entertaining (that doesn't happen too often though). But it's just part of the show. If you wanted plain old matches, go watch UFC. I'm quite happy with what happens at the moment. The whole McMahon saga is basically over now, Vince still thinks he's king, but the rest of the family has left (Thank god for that...).

JM had it right as well. They used to do really dodgy things like cut themselves when no one was looking and stuff like that, but things have changed a lot now...

Still occassionally it is entertaining to watch, and some of the wrestlers have nice bodies for us girls to perve at ;)

Beefy Guest

Speakin of which, your fav guy is back in the WWF now.. ;)

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information