Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Hello, the offical "im new here" thread

Default Hello, the offical "im new here" thread

I figure I should say hello to everyone on the board.

Its been ages since the last time I used message boards! Im a 20yr old computer science student from England, studying (or will soon to be studying) at Keele University in Staffordshire.

Am also a metalhead, so to all metallers \m/

Also, computers dont rule my life (only half of it!). Im a geek, but only half of me :)
    AMD XP2500+ (2.3GHz, 'barton'), Abit NF7-Srev2 mobo, 2x 256mb PC2700 (crucial memory), nVidia GeForce 4 128mb, 80gb Western Digital ATA-133, 40gb Maxtor ATA-100, BTC 52x32x16 CD/RW and half a dozen fans!

Default Re: Hello, the offical "im new here" thread

Welcome aboard... and we'll see what we can do about grabbing hold of that other half of your life and introducing it to the life as a true GEEK!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

LOL. No, I am a reformed geek. I used to be 100% geek when I was a teenager, but have since reduced my "geekyness". I dont mind though, I think its good. Knowledge is something to be proud of, not ashamed of, and knowledge in computers is just as valid as anything else :)

How many computer geeks have dreads, play in several bands and spend most of their life going to parties? hehe, its possible to have the best of both worlds :)
    AMD XP2500+ (2.3GHz, 'barton'), Abit NF7-Srev2 mobo, 2x 256mb PC2700 (crucial memory), nVidia GeForce 4 128mb, 80gb Western Digital ATA-133, 40gb Maxtor ATA-100, BTC 52x32x16 CD/RW and half a dozen fans!

certified comp-geek and been to more keggers than I can count... what does that make me?
    #

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Joiner
    LOL. No, I am a reformed geek. I used to be 100% geek when I was a teenager, but have since reduced my "geekyness". I dont mind though, I think its good. Knowledge is something to be proud of, not ashamed of, and knowledge in computers is just as valid as anything else :)

How many computer geeks have dreads, play in several bands and spend most of their life going to parties? hehe, its possible to have the best of both worlds :)
    Its not something to be proud of when you getting beat up for your lunch money know is it. ;)

You used to get beaten up for your lunch money? unlucky dude.

oh, and whats a kegger? (ive not heard this word before)

parties that generally revolve around a keg(s) of beer, usually comprised mostly of college students
    #

okay. (im from england so not heard that saying before).

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Joiner
    You used to get beaten up for your lunch money? unlucky dude.
    No..i am not that unfortunate, i just see other people get pounded.

Thread Information