Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Travel?

I am not saying that I believe in time travel cause I don't but...

In my Physic 4 class in college we read about a navy experiment in the south pacific that involved time travel. A ship fitted with this time travel device disappeared for three hours then returned. All the crew members were dead and starting to rot already. They said that the atoms from the two times met each other and destroyed the bodies.

:eek:
    That sounds like a pretty rough time they went to.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Sounds like Philidelphia to me ;)

I was in Philly once for a very short time, it didn't seem quite that rough to me:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Was talking about the name of the ship Mr C :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by Kay
    Hey if you meddled there may not be a future to come back to :(
    When you meddle with time you do not meddle with your own universe but a parralel universe.

If his idea pans out, won't there be a host of potential paradoxes, such as time travelers killing their parents and making it impossible for them to exist? No, he says, explaining that those travelers would continue to exist in a ''parallel universe.''

So is he saying even if there was a way to travel back in time, there would be no way of returning to this time and universe?

When you make a decision in life, you are creating a series of parralel universes. For example: My decision to park my car out the front of the house instead of in the driveway created to different parralel universes. In one of them my car was sitting happily in the driveway, in the other my car was rear-ended by someone swerving a dog. In the first one I may of continued to drive my car over easter and been killed on the roads. In the one I am currently in my car is not drivable which caused me to stay off the roads over easter, so in one universe I am alive, and in the other I am dead.
    An infinate number of parallel universes exist.

In answer to your question Kay, nobody actually knows. In theory the only way to travel back to the future would be to carry with you a portable time transportation device. Otherwise if you travelled back in time to a time before the time machine was even invented you would be stuck in that time. I'm not sure if when you travel back to the present wheather you would be in your universe or not because nobody actually knows, it really depends on what you change but I do know that if you killed your parents you would only be killing them in one universe whereas they would continue to exist in another.

i think u need to start smoking some weed or something cos u need to chill out!
    Morpheus - 99.95% of post r done while in drunken state. It's not a bad thing. It's a good thing!!
    ICQ no 7056660

My brain has a lot of spare processor cycles now that I finished school. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information