Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Travel?

hmm, this is all heaps interesting...

where abouts is that book avaliable? ive never thought of doing physics at school, maybe next semester i will, all this is cool :)
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Beefy Guest

don't expect to actually do stuff like this in school physics.. but you do get to do some other interesting stuff...

yeah, we hardly touched any of this stuff in physics. But if you want to learn about sound and light and electronics and other stuff, then physics at school is good.

I don't believe in time.....
    It seems to me it is only a human invention for marking the passage of events. A system of measurement as it were.
    So that little bit of rain having fallen....
    How do you traverse an event that no longer exists or has yet to exist?
    I am afraid that the closest we will ever get to 'time' travel is, unfortunately, video tapes and/or DVDs on the tube.
    We may have learned to capture an image of an event so that we can replay it but capturing real events and not only manipulating them but in some progressive or regressive order as well is not a realistic endeavour.
    However, traversing dimensions seems to be a more practical pursuit.

Oh...and the name of the ship was the USS Eldridge I believe.

It is a known fact that time does in fact exist. When you look at a star you are in fact looking back in time 40,000 years. A star that may appear to be there may of died thousands of years ago. This is proof that time is not a human invention.

When we are talking about time we are talking about the 4th dimension.

But when we are talking about time TRAVEL, we are talking about the 5th dimension. A dimension that the human brain is too primitive to even understand.

Beefy Guest

actually, looking at a star isn't looking back in time.. all you are seeing is the light which has travelled from that star. Sure, the star may be gone, but it did cast that light, that light is existing at this time.. so it's not looking back.. You gotta rework your theory boy.. I think it's your primitive brain that doesn't understand this...

nah, my brain isn't primitive.

Tests have proven that I am smarter than 90% of people.

I agree with Mr C......if it is possible, or ever becomes possible to travel back in time, then we would have met people who have come from the **future** already....
    Another possibility is that people from the future cannot travel back in time to a point before the invention of time travel. Think of radio waves. Without a reciever they are nothing.

yea..so now we've got the whole Stargate type thing happening..awesome stuff..lol
    but what about goin forwards in time..hmm if we could go forwards in time. wouldnt that mean that its already happened and we are living in the past?
    next u'll all be tellin me the scene in Tomb Raider, where Lara and that other dude could move through time is actually possible

bottom line is, if you can prove to me(by SHOWING me) that its actually possible, then i'll believe it. same with religion, if u can show me that "god" is real, then i'll believe that too. until then, it all means nothin to me
    now if u'll all excuse me...i think i saw Brenton from 10 minutes from now walk past my door..i'm gonna go talk to myself.
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

First off, how can circulating laser light create any sort of mass? Let alone one large enough to "shift" time.

2nd wouldn't that be dangerous (like the football player sitting on you-idea of being on Jupiter) for anything we can manipulate to be near. Any sort of elecrtonics, including those creating the laser circle would need to be able to withstand the gravitational pressures created by a light circle large enough to bend time.

3rd, wouldnt the distance traveled be directly relavant to a fixed ratio in whatever fiber-optic cabling or crystals that you use (like the fixed angle ratios of light bouncing within fiber-optic cable) or the size of the mass-creating light circle? How would one be able to measure time distance traveled with enough certainty if ones subjects are being transported to 10yrs from now? That would be a SLOW process of info gathering.

4th, How does changing the speed of light have anything to do with Time. I see how it can change mass or inherent energy of a particular particle (e=mc2) but where does time fit in? Even Black Holes, with a HUGE amount of gravitational mass, and lots of light arent moving throu time. (atleast as far as we know)

5th, Even Marlett's test uses a nuetron going FORWARD in time. I agree with the Beef. Going forward is the only possibility. Otherwise we would have seen a time traveler already. Even if we could travel forward it would be like speeding up somethings presence in this portion of time. There wouldnt be any "jump" because there would no way power the particle all the way to the destination. The circle thingy wouldnt be able to go with the particle to power the whole "jump" becasue it only affects the area inside it, not itself.

6th, How does light affect time? How does mass affect time? Why did the Stargate TV show suck so hard when the original movie was so cool.

And finally, where the hell is time in e=mc2?
    Make time a tangible variable in ANY equation related to... nevermind. Just saw it. C is a fixed ratio involving distance and TIME. Even then the only possibilty would be to slow it down or speed it up.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information