Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Have you ever had a pleasurable experience dealing with an insurance company?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Companies

He's just stubborn....:p

which of couse i never am...hehe :D
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

Beef, insurance companies first priority is to make sure the needs of their clients are meet. If Slamo's been off the road for 18 days, other motorists may be far safer, but Slamo is paying for a service that doesn't help him the way he needs. If they are going to investigate, which i think some instance they should to protect their arse, it should still be within a timeframe that is reasonable for the client.

I think they are harrassing him with the notion that it wasn't real, so eventually he'll want to stop asking. Thats fraudulent and sucks hard, but that just my opinion. If they hold out for more than 30 days, he does have a reasonable lawsuit threat, thou it would never be worth it to go through with it.

I use state farm, and if my car gets scratched or keyed or hit or i hit a box i couldn't avoid on the freeway, i just call in the claim, send the police report, pics, and a quote from my body shop guy. They have the money in the mail that week.

And i just realized, Slamo, if you didn't get a police report, that may be why they are so skeptical.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    Beef, insurance companies first priority is to make sure the needs of their clients are meet. If Slamo's been off the road for 18 days, other motorists may be far safer, but Slamo is paying for a service that doesn't help him the way he needs. If they are going to investigate, which i think some instance they should to protect their arse, it should still be within a timeframe that is reasonable for the client.

I think they are harrassing him with the notion that it wasn't real, so eventually he'll want to stop asking. Thats fraudulent and sucks hard, but that just my opinion. If they hold out for more than 30 days, he does have a reasonable lawsuit threat, thou it would never be worth it to go through with it.

I use state farm, and if my car gets scratched or keyed or hit or i hit a box i couldn't avoid on the freeway, i just call in the claim, send the police report, pics, and a quote from my body shop guy. They have the money in the mail that week.

And i just realized, Slamo, if you didn't get a police report, that may be why they are so skeptical.
    I'm with ya there.. all the way up to when you say 'harrassing'.... You could be right, but we really haven't heard enough from slamo to know that.. we haven't really heard much at all. most of the **** I was talking about was a fairly good assumption.. There could be something he's not telling us that would change the whole thing... He might not have contacted them until day 12.. who knows..

Slamo?

Beefy Guest

:confused: :confused: yeah, that's his name. the guy up there having a whinge about his insurance company... :?:

I have contacted them every single day since my claim went through. They keep telling me "If you want to have it done quicker, take it to your own insurance company".
    It is a straight forward accident. Car parked on the side of the road gets hit by a vehicle. Yet they still think that somhow unbeknown to me, that I am setting them up.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Slamo
    I have contacted them every single day since my claim went through. They keep telling me "If you want to have it done quicker, take it to your own insurance company".
    I'm confused.. who are they?

Just out of curiosity, who is your insurance company?

Whos fault was it? If you have the name of the other party it is always quicker to go through your own insurance company..it means you have to pay your excess fist though, but the excess is claimed back against the third party, insurance companies do tend to look after their own clients first, try contacting your insurance company, and let them know what is going on, because they can always get the job done faster, find out if they can help you, after all thats what they are there for, you are paying them a fee for service you know

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    I'm confused..
    Beefy, you make TT forums that much more enjoyable. Dont worry i was confused too. It was just seeing you say it that made ny day :)

Beefy Guest

heheh.. well, remind me to say it everyday.. just to make the whole experience of TT last longer for you.. :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information