Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

Default Re: 2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

grrrrrr they where supposed to mine

:D

You got mail today? Or was it delivered by UPS/FedEx/DHL?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by xaglx View Post
    Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day and I have the day off.. which already makes it a good day. I didn't realize that it was also DUAL ASUS 7600GT day as well!!!

Props to nVidia for the quick shipping all the way from Taipei, and of course thanks to Mr. Tweak and TweakTown!

Woo, they made it!

Everyone will get a chance to win more gear next month - I want to run a giveaway every month if everything goes to plan
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Well I haven't won anything yet in my 36 years, so I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion View Post
    You got mail today? Or was it delivered by UPS/FedEx/DHL?
    UPS delivered it in the morning, and then later today they delivered the ram I had ordered on newegg last week. Needless to say, it was very much like Christmas all over again.. except this time I got presents!! :D

I put together all the stuff I have so far for my new computer:

Antec P180 Case - $90 after rebate
    Ultra-V 600W PSU - $25 after rebate
    Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Motherboard - $100 off craig's list
    Intel e6300 CPU - $100 off craig's list
    1GB (2x512MB) Corsair XMS2 ddr2 800 memory - $130 on newegg
    old cd rom drive, monitor, keyboard, speakers, mouse
    and of course one of my new ASUS 7600GTs!!

I plugged it all in with an old 15GB hard drive and I'm able to get to the bios fine.. everything looks good. Now all I need to do is get a nice copy of windows xp and I'm ready to start tweaking!

Quote Originally Posted by xaglx View Post
    UPS delivered it in the morning, and then later today they delivered the ram I had ordered on newegg last week. Needless to say, it was very much like Christmas all over again.. except this time I got presents!! :D

I'm facing a problem.One delivery boy from UPS gave me a sealed envelope today instead of my 7600GTs.After opening it, I found a letter which is saying that the consignment is held at MUMBAI (an Indian state) as the Sales-Tax Waybill or a from called FORM-50 is required to bring the package to my city.

I've experienced this problem b4.I know that when I'll go to collect that FORM 50 from my city's Sales Tax Department,they will ask for a huge bribe.I had to pay these illegal bribes b4 & I don't know why these officials r never satisfied with their salary.I donno how much they r gonna charge me this time.

I'm attaching a picture of what I've received from UPS instead of my prize.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    It would be better if Nvidia would have send my prize through DHL coz DHL delivers straightway to the customer's premises.They don't hold any shipment bcoz of any missing FORM which is only needed so that the officials can ask us to bribe them.The shipment was fast though.

I donno what is the operating process of UPS here in India & I also donno how long will it take to receive the prize.By the way thanks to the whole TweakTown team,Nvidia,Asus & specially to Mr.Tweak.

I was hoping that I'll post the pictures first,but neway congrats to Xaglx.I'm gonna post the pics of mine too as soon as I receive them.
    Last edited by AMDATHLONFX; 01-16-2007 at 09:52 PM.

I've just visited the website of the UPS to track the shipment & have a look what I've found there.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

I've marked the important line by Red arrow.Now could u guys tell me what that line means ?

Got my cards today!!! Thanks again Tweaktown! They even have sequential serial numbers!

It's going to be a rough month or two just looking at the pair of them while my bank account builds up to the point where I can buy all the necessary parts to build a new system that is worthy. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Congrats to you guys

AMDATHLONFX
    as some friend or relative to collect the package in Mumbai and then bring it to you

Quote Originally Posted by Grim-Reaper View Post
    Congrats to you guys

AMDATHLONFX
    as some friend or relative to collect the package in Mumbai and then bring it to you

Thanks for ur suggestion but I don't have any friend or relative who stays at Mumbai & as the consignment has been destined to my city, those Sales Tax officials will not handover the package to anybody else.I must have to collect the waybill (a clever technique by which bribe can be collected) from my city's Sales Tax Department by paying Sales Tax & then I have to provide that duly filled-up waybill to the UPS courier company in my city.I donno how much that Tax would be.Those UPS guys will then send that waybill to the Mumbai Sales Tax Department.Upon receiving of the waybill,Mumbai will then release my package to my city.So, u can understand it's a very lengthy process to receive such a gift in India from another country.In India, only DHL couriers everything to the customer premises.If u send something to India from outside India by other courier except DHL, they won't deliver the package to the customer directly.They will send u a letter that ur package has been held by Sales Tax Dept.I think they receive a huge commission from the Sales Tax guys as they r giving the Sales Tax officials the opportunity to take bribe from customers.The whole system has got corrupted here.

Now, I'm suffering from Jondice & heavy cough & cold & my doctor has suggested me to take atleast 30 days bedrest but if I take that, I'll be forfeited from getting my prize.I need to go to the Sales Tax Dept. of my city but I'm too weak.I hope I'll be able to go after 4-5 days.
    Last edited by AMDATHLONFX; 01-19-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread Information