Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

Default Re: 2006 Christmas Giveaway with nVidia and ASUS!

I donít have a sob story to post or could even say that I can not afford the cards. I just need a new video card. My current card is made by a competitor and it truly draws the life out of me, so I would like to have a new one. Two would be better so I can do SLI, but all I want is one.
    Since this post requires 200 words here are the other 133 words:
    word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word

Well, my turn.

This year my classes at university started on January the third, because last year there was a strike at the university (Hail South America!). So the classes ended yesterday; during this time I had six weeks of vacations, splitted in 3 weeks at March and 3 weeks at August. Better than this, on September I started to work for FREE at a laboratory in the university. Can you believe, WORK FOR FREE ? Not even a clock works for free...

Anyway, Now I'll have three months of vacation, starting today and ending on March. I have a Nvidia 6600gt, it's pretty good (taking into account what Adib mentioned before, here in Brazil things are (pretty expensive)≥, especially when you work for free ¨¨'). That's why I need these two 7600gt cards, to spend my vacation 24/7 on the computer playing Splinter Cell Double Agente and Just Cause, while I get fat and anti-social . Plus, my girlfriend will start to work DURING MY VACATION and Iíll have a lot of time to kill on the computer.

If I don't win the cards, I'll just have to steal a High Performance Liquid Chromatography system from the lab and move to Honolulu and live like an outlaw.
    Last edited by Adagio; 12-18-2006 at 03:22 AM.

This is not going to be another post filled with horse turt (no pun intended guys). So here it goes to start off I am a mean SOB (also been called a big jerk the kind that people usually donít like), people really donít like me and I really donít get along with them well, I really canít help it that is the way I am), I had a girl for a while, she was the best thing that happened to me and then she too left me seeing how big of a jerk I was. (I am sure sheís a lot happier with someone else now)
    I have severe upper back problems limiting my outdoor activity. My only get away from all suffering and pain emotional and physical is the web, technology and my gamming.
    My last upgrade made a huge dent on my wallet and the bank. I was a bit (a bit hah who am I kidding more like very) greedy and went way overboard. (on the motherboard and the memory).

Even the thought of getting my mom a Christmas gift worries me. I am totally broke to buy anything.

Seeing that I really donít have many friends or family that would want to give me any Christmas gifts (or anything for that matter) this year these cards would really cheer me up and bring back a big smile on my face.

I donít want to bore you guys so I will stop hereÖÖ..

Merry Christmas everyone

I'd sure like to get my hands on those video cards! As you can see from my signature the computer I now have is a bit outdated and has no good upgrade path. I'm currently looking at building a new system. Any thing that will reduce costs is greatly appreciated. Trying to convince my daughter and girlfriend that I need a new computer is a tough sell. My daughter seems to think that computers only need to be fast enough to run five or ten MSN chat screens. (What warped sense of humor decided that I was qualified to raise a teenage daughter?). My girlfriend is happy if a computer will do her online banking. Those silly females seem to think that food, clothing, and shelter are more important than a kick ass computer!

As a middle aged, overweight, balding man it is not easy to justify my gaming addictions! I often find myself loosing games to my girlfriend's brother instead of kicking his butt because his system leaves me in the dust. It is not easy loosing to a fellow who is fifteen years my senior. He has a better gaming budget than I do. This dude is almost sixty and he is beating the crap out of me! Dual Asus GeForce EN7600 GTs in SLI would go a long way to kicking the old guy's butt. Please help me kick an old man's ass!
    Last edited by PrairieDawg; 12-19-2006 at 12:54 PM.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Instead of a made up or otherwise sob story, I've decided to send you an extortion letter.

And since a picture is worth a 1000 words, I'm already at 3000 words.

I've got 3 SLI boards which are crying out for sli cards

Place unmarked cards in an express post bag and mail to bendigo. If you fail to meet my demands, weird things will happen to your computer. (mind you meeting my demands won't help your computer, you do have windows installed )

Remember, I know where you live

(Actually I don't have clue where you are )

If you'd like to save on postage, I'll take all three sets of cards

My old P4 system had died after battling with me for 5 years. So it's time for another rig to battle for another few years. Seeing that hardcore games are so demanding and in view of new O.S Vista, it's time to conjure a rig that needs no polishing after a few years of battles down the road..

Unyielding loyalty to..
    ASUS P5N32-E NVIDIAģ nForceģ 680i SLIô motherboard bundled with Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz = $899

Fueling the power thirsty..
    Antec True Power Trio 650W = $225

For polar bears on your CPU..
    Zalman CNPS7700-Cu = $105

Stretching brain capablities..
    TwinCL Corsair PC5300 667mhz 1GB x 2 = $390

Absolute precision in gunning chicks...
    Razer Krait series gaming mouse = $42

Seeing blood, bots and boobs..
    Samsung SyncMaster 19" LCD = $335

Completing exams in a minute..
    Western Digital Raptor 74GB writing at 10000 rpm = $255

Caging the beast..
    Cooler Master Stacker 830 EVO = $235

Make way for the new era..
    Paying rag-and-tag man to rid old system = $20

Total = $2506
    To save up for this rig, I will start to live on grass for the next 3 months.. BUT...

MasterCard says..
    Having a pair of free ASUS SLI cards so that I can use the $$$ saved to buy top games to play for the holidays = Priceless..

P.S: The prices stated are correct at time of posting and are in SGD. Poster takes no responsiblity in any discrepancies that you will encounter in using any information from this post.

Well, in actuality, these cards are not for me. I want to give them as a gift to my little brother, Kevin.

He just started college and bought a used car this Fall. Granted he's not entirely paying for school, but he's also not getting help from our parents either (exactly like how I am surviving through school myself). So in order for him to be able to afford his car, he is currently working 3 part time jobs in various retail stores in our town. Now with that said, he used to also be an avid PC gamer (particularly Counterstrike 1.6 and some times Source), but he has since been too busy working to finish paying off his car and too busy with school. When he does have free time and wants to game, he isn't left with a lot of choices as his computer is relatively old, comprising of an Athlon 2000+ based machine fitted with my old Radeon 9800 Pro. True, it's enough to play the two games mentioned, but as of late he has been having problems with overheating (and possibly a failing video) card as evidenced from his system freezing when he is in the middle of a game. This, among other reasons, has discouraged him from continuing with PC gaming in general. Not only that, he is slowly but surely crossing over to the "dark side" of gaming and embracing consoles - particularly XBox!

I've asked him why he doesn't try to save up to build a new rig after he finishes paying off the car. He says he has thought it over and really looked into doing it. However, he saw that it wasn't very feasible since it was going to be rather expensive (over $500) to build a new rig practically from scratch as it means getting a new motherboard, CPU, RAM, power supply and video card(s). Out of all those parts, his main concern is the video card; especially with the prices of decent cards nowadays, seeing that they can easily cost 1/3 of the price of a system (if not more).

All in all, he's never really had a machine that was adequate within the generation it was built. Usually he would have some hand-me-down's from a few of my builds and whatever cheap parts he can get his hands on. I, myself, do not have a lot of money to my name either as I am a poor college student too. So I ask that Tweaktown and nVidia send me a couple of these 7600GT's to help me, in helping my brother, to start off his new PC build and bring him back to the PC side of gaming. I think this would make an excellent Christmas gift (better late than never) to brighten up his holiday and would serve to spark his interest to build his new rig.

Thanks for listening! Happy holidays everybody!
    Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 Rev. 1.05 BIOS OCWBeta2
    Opteron 165 CCBBE 0610 @ 2.7GHz (9X300) 1.35V
    Thermaltake Big Typhoon
    OCZ Platinum 2GB (2X1GB) 2-3-2-5-1T @ 198MHz
    OCZ Modstream 520W
    Sapphire X1800XT 256MB
    Sound Blaster Audigy 4
    Seagate 7200.10 320GB SATA
    WD 250GB PATA
    BenQ DW-1655
    Lite-On SHM-165P6S
    Ultra Aluminus Black Case with 3 Yate Loons and a Scythe Kama

The reasons for my victory are simple :-
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) My 6200 TC is dying & I donít have the money to cure it.
    2) I am not allowed to play any High-End game because of this.
    3) I hate playing games at 640x480 resolutions with all the Eye-candy off which now I'm suffering from .
    4) My brother doesnít like buying me things but he continues to do so.
    5) My dad doesnít share the hardware facsination that I have.
    6) My mom is even worse than my dad.
    7) I will treat it right, I wonít let one spec of dust get on it.
    8) I can let you have my old 6200 TC card in lieu of these two Asus EN 7600GT cards.
    9) I GET NO ALLOWANCE. EVER.
    10) I Love "Tweak Town " Forums more than myself.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Is there a little drop of water in your eye ? Please Donít try to hide that . I feel sympathised with you , that you have already made the right descition to give the cards to me.Don't worry,they are gonna look marvellous in my machine & you are gonna appreciate the look as well & I also promise you that I'll look after them just like my baby.

__________________________________________________ _
    Last edited by SUDIPTO83; 12-22-2006 at 10:24 PM.

Well it would be the best thing to do, for such a troubled soul as myself, to allow me this great opportunity to finally be able to truly enjoy a video game.

Pong is the best compatible game for my integrated video system and now I have a chance to dance with the big boys, and I don't even have to sell myself on the corner or break into the neighbors house to get a quick 10 minutes game of Half Life 2 - Episode One before the lights come on.

My other neighbor across the street has such an annoying dog I just can't handle the distraction of him shredding my pants while I try to make it in their window.

So please , be kind and save my soul from crime. Iím giving you the opportunity to do some good work, not just for me but for yourself too.

Look at it this way , you will be doing my neighborhood a favor and finally quell the gaming burglar they have yet to nab.

So, please let it come to the right person (me, ofcourse) whoís dying machine really deserves these cards from you.Other devices inside my PC are now looking at you in a hope that they wonít have to cope up with their deceased brother (read the integrated graphics).Please do a justice to them.
    Last edited by SO_APU; 12-20-2006 at 11:16 PM.

First off all, can I just say that,I have more posts than this here, but errÖ. my dog ate them on the way here.

A little Poetry for you :-
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ď I know a wonderful site on the net,
    It has just promised me an electric pet,

I love good graphics and I love to see,
    Virtual enemies Ė butt-kicked by me,

Thus I really need the Asus EN 7600 GT Cards in SLI,
    coz low frames per second just make me angry.

I guess it comes down to one simple fact;
    My life lies in ruins if you donít soon act,

Please send me this gift as soon as possible from ,
    The site that makes me feel happy and joyful and free. <o:p></o:p>

Show me your divinity and place me,<o:p></o:p>
    on the path of 3D gaming pleasure.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

__________________________________________________ _____________

So, Dear Asus EN7600GT Cards,

Please come to live inside my computer, I will supply you with enough power.<o:p></o:p>

The CPU is warm and the Hard Drives are very quiet , you will display Movies and interesting 3D Games.<o:p></o:p>

No voltmod will be done to you so you will be dusted and clean.

The memories r there just to help (i know you wont need it...). So what do you say ?<o:p></o:p>

Come to your new home , it will give you a very good place to live your life. <o:p></o:p>

I really like/want/need to have u here.Come to mama.

<o:p></o:p> Yours only<o:p></o:p>
    Last edited by compuworld2k5; 12-22-2006 at 09:26 PM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information