Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: virus check pls read this every1

i just got a call saying theres a new virus around. I serched my hard drive for it and found out i already have it, i deleted it. I advise every1 to do this its very deadly, the virus is called jdbgmgr.exe not detected in 14 days it will activate, it is sent automatically by the messenger and address book whether or not you sent emails to your contacts

1) go to start, find or serch option
    2)in the file/folder option, write the name jdbgmgr.exe
    3) be sure you serch in your C: drive
    4) click "find now"
    5) the virus has a little bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN
    6) right click and delete it (it will now go to the recycle bin)
    7) go to the recycle bin and delete it there as well

keep watch for this virus its a quiet virus so keep serching daily
    im really serious bout this cheers
    :cheers:

:eek:
    WHOA!!!!!!
    That's the javascript debugger for Windows!!!!!
    Everybody is going to have that file.

Looks like the ol' SULFNBAK hoax has taken of a new form.

You might want to see about getting that file back Alex - though I'm not sure if you need it or not, may depend on what you are doing with javascripts.

Also, if you have alerted others, you might want to cancel that notification -- my jbdgmgr.exe file hasn't been modified since sometime in 1999. It's been on this system since last time I installed Windows, and in all previous installations as well.

Some sorry sack of ****e is preying on peoples fears again:hammer:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

1 further note;
    If you should need/desire to replace this jdbgmgr.exe it should be extracted from .cab files.

Beware any email attatchments that contain the file for you to replace it, as that was the second step of the SULFNBK exploit.

The convenient replacement was actually the virus.

Sorry this happened to you, sad that some people have nothing better to do with their time than inconvenience innocent computer users.

And they say that those of us who hang around in online forums have no life
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

mmmk
    cos people that we no that work forMcAfee rang and told us to check cos no 1 new how to get rid of it

Well it seems they got rid of it -- my question is what effect is that going to have on Windows function:?:

I'll be keeping my jbdgmgr.exe just in case -- perhaps MicroSoft put it there for some good reason. Though at this time I have no evidence to back up that theory:laugh:

ahhhhh im just confused now so wat should i do mr C im not some1 that nos alot about computers pls help me so are you sure its not a virus

I am quite certain that my copy of the jbdgmgr.exe within my Windows/System folder is supposed to be there.

As to what effect deleting this file will have, in all honesty I truly do not know.

As I stated, if you need/desire to replace it, it should be extracted from the .cab files on your Windows disc.

Unfortunately, It is past time for me to be off to work so it would be best to consult the Microsoft Knowledge Base for directions on how to do that.

I'll be back in about 13 hours -- sorry:(

I hope this works out OK, I just really don't know what the files function is exactly, but there is supposed to be a file there by that name.
    Can anyone else provide some light on this topic??
    Thanks!

lolol

Yeah, it is supposed to be there....don't delete it...lol :laugh:
    Quick!!.Pack your bags!!

The Elephants are coming!!

Beefy Guest

i'm too lazy, but check out the virus sites like McAfee etc.. and see if they mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    i'm too lazy, but check out the virus sites like McAfee etc.. and see if they mention it.
    Best look in the section titled "hoaxes" as that should save a bit of time.

Alex I have no idea what flavor of Windows you have but for Windows 95, 98 and ME MSKB article #Q129605 has the directions for getting that file back.

At this time I still don't know exactly what that file does or how the loss of it is going to affect your system.

Perhaps if Beefy weren't so lazy he could delete his and find out what happens:?:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information