Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: What Document program do you use?

Thread: MS Word or Google Docs?

Default MS Word or Google Docs?

A friend of mine introduced me to the world of Google. Specifically Google Docs. I think it is a great tool for college students who don't want to bring a USB or email their docs forward to where they are working.

Not to mention Office 2007 and the incompatable .docx files. I know there is an easy save as 2003 format, and that USB flash disks aren't a pain, but is Google Docs the Future of documents?

I'm just wondering what you guys think and what you guys use. You can select more than one!
    Last edited by CColtManM; 03-14-2007 at 02:31 AM.

Default Re: MS Word or Google Docs?

Google Docs is okay, but the entire world is heavily based on Office 97/2000/2003, and that won't change. As far as online programs go, I think it will get a huge following and probably do very well, but it will not replace locally-run office suites.

Office 2007 offers even less than Vista as an upgrade, so it will be at least a year before it has any market penetration.

At work and school, I use Office 2003 since it's what's installed. I always make sure my resume is good in Office 2003 as well.

For personal use, I use OpenOffice. It offers backwards compatibility with Office 2003 and older, but it has a few quirks and occasionally doesn't work right.

I also use Notepad extensively. Any HTML or batch work I do needs to be done in Notepad, and ASCII is much easier to work with in many applications, so I find myself working with it frequently for a variety of purposes.

Thread Information