Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petition against Optus' 3 gig 'cap'

I can d/l 3gb on my dial-up per month. done it before but its frikkin hard.

Beefy Guest

i can download 40GB in under three weeks.. but I get in trouble for it.. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    As far as I know, there are now no uncapped Broadband plans in Australia, at all.
    Sad isn't it...
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    so you'd rather they went broke and stopped the uncapped service, forcing you to a different ISP, instead of tightening their plan a little, but still giving you service?
    no, i'm not saying that i want them to run into the ground, but they could makt it a bit more, say 4GB so it doesn't look like hell$tra's plan so much, and also gives people that use the net like tweak a bit more freedom

[RANT]

The main problem was that the heavy users were raping the NetStat system for all it was worth *cough* Andy *cough* :no:

I disagree with your comment Tweak suggesting Wiggo isn't a frequent user - he is; however as he said he mainly browses web pages and plays games.

Saying that, I download about 1.5GB (+/- 500MB) on Optus dialup, but that's my style - I download lots of files (legitimate ones as well - mainly drivers). If I need something like a Linux ISO, I drag my machine along to TAFE and use their T1 line.

I do think it is unfair that Optus have no "free" sites like Telstra, this really sucks and is probably my biggest gripe with the new plans. Telstra Cable and ADSL users such as Acid have games and file servers that don't count towards your download limit - Optus should do the same.

The truth is that bandwidth costs money; and Australia ISPs get the raw end of the stick when it comes to receiving data from the U.S. You may argue "But Optus owns 40% of the Southern Cross Cable!!!", but that's only the cable - they have to pay for all data entering the cable at Oregon and California.

Yes, I will be writing a sequel to my article on Australian broadband, but once again it will not be biased and rant-ridden - rather listing the facts and nothing but the facts.

[/RANT]
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Quote Originally Posted by Albinus

(legitimate ones as well

le-git-i-mate :confused: :confused:

WTF is legitimate
    TT Original

legitimate is when you pay for something that should be, by rights, free. :p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information