Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting ad on news.com.au

There is a very interesting ad on www.news.com.au - I was reading the headline about "Quake shakes Tasmania" and the mouse must have slipped onto this mouse-over ad and with the bass in my speakers I thought the earthquake had hit Melbourne as well... :D

What do you guys reckon about having an ad like that in the forums? ;)

But, this is the new shape of web advertising. Ads like this will start to become more common now.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

It's pretty ****, I can see it getting VERY annoying.

:eek: That frightened the sheet out of me, had the woofer turned up tooooooooo....... much.

I rarely require sound when surfing.
    As is par for the course my sound is directed to my headphones which are laying on top of the tower ATM.

As I understand it, several large research agencies in conjunction with major advertisers are diligently pursuing a method of getting my attention.
    I fall in the "hard to reach" category -- don't surf with sound and dial-up is too slow to ever see what is supposed to be in a pop-up window.

I hope they don't invest too heavily in the project, cause whatever it is I'm probably not buying it.

But if they ever do find a way to get my undivided attention, my wife would probably be willing to donate to the research fund :laugh:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Yeah I'm sorta in the same boat as Mr.C but it seems that my AWE64 has givin' up the ghost. :cry:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I tend to have the music blaring while I'm surfing, so that's how I got caught.

Radio supplies the music in this household, and the TV and kids supply the rest of the noise :kay:

Have you given any thought to one of those Hercules boards Wiggo?
    The budget board is pretty good, if you can afford the higher end, the Game Theater XP puts out great sound in quite a variety of sound formats.

Shame about the Awe64, I remember when they were the champagne of sound boards:cry:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Sadly with the configuration of this setup atm it requires an ISA soundcard otherwise I'll have IRQ probs with both nic's and USB controller. But I mostly listen to the local radio station though some ppl may think that I'm a bit ignorant in answering their instant messages or slow with realising that I have email due to the lack of sound. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Silent Spam:eek:
    You're scaring me dude!
    Does anyone have an old ISA card they could loan Wiggo? I had to pull mine out of the ol' mothballs for my Linux:(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information