Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Political Party

Quote Originally Posted by Olie
    P platers give other drivers the ****s, i should know.. i am one.

and we should not be allowed to have cars with excessive power, i know too many p platers who have killed them selves or other ppl 'cos they have been going too fast.
    eg. new V8 SS's are not designed for p platers, especially around our area, lotsa trees real close to teh side of the road.
    You are penalising the whole group of p platers simply because a few of your friends do stupid things in their cars.

My car is capable of 180km/h, does this mean that i shouldn't be allowed to drive it because it is capable of that speed?

my car is capable of 160 if ya going down hill, and it realy aint good for the car. Thats why my parents bought it for me

we get bored, we do stupid stuff. we do 240km/h.

but i must say........... drifting is an exception to all of my rules....... drifting rules........... drifting OWNZ J00!
    TT Original

It's not so much the speed the vehicle is capable of that is the factor but the power to weight ratio. This was behind motorbikes riders being 1st targeted by restrictions. If someone on P's wanted to have a high performance car then they should back that up by having an open CAMS licence to back up their ability but even then I'd still think twice about their maturity. When I learnt to drive things were a lot different then as there was no where near the amount of vehicles on our roads then as there is now. The other thing would be if the Gov didn't set these restrictions then Insurance companies certainly would then what would be the point of owning a high performance vehicle if ya couldn't afford the premium? :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

one of teh kids found a way around this
    he has a 400cc (i think might be a 500) and whacked a "250" sticker on it.
    TT Original

That would get him past a quick visual but a check of rego details would bring him undone. A friend of mine was caught out on his RD350 as the capacity numbers are stamped on the barrels. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

There are bad drivers in every age group, but have you thought that the reasons the restrictions are there are because of inexperience not because of your age? After all an old person getting their licence has to go on "P" plates as well you know : peace:

You folks got laws that sound rather strange to me, being in the US and all.
    But it does seem that some of them do make sense. It is interesting how different parties go about solving problems.

But help me get 1 thing clear......do the "learners" actually have a different tag on their vehicle, or is the term "P" plater just referring to the license they carry onboard (ie, like in their waller or purse)?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Mr.C

In Aus (well in Victoria anyway), when you turn 16 you are eligible to get your learners permit. This entitles you to drive while you have a full licenced driver in the passenger side of the vehicle. You cannot drive with a trailor and you must display a square "plate" in the back window. The plate is yellow with a black L printed on it (Thus the term "L platers")

When you turn 18, you are eligible to recieve your probationary licence. You are allowed to drive alone but must drive in a vehicle below a certain power/weight ratio. You must display a plate which is red and has a white P printed on it (P platers).

Once you have had your p's for a term of 3 years (assuming you have no driving convictions), you will automatically be given your full licence. This entitles you to drive anything with 4 wheels basically. And you don't have to display a plate.

Hope this clears things up for you

Example, This is a probationary Licence

Quote Originally Posted by Slamo
    <rant>

WS, I think you are being a bit too general. Saying that ALL P platers are bad drivers is a gross overstatement. I know that there are some pretty bad drivers, in fact one of my friends regularly drives while he is stoned.
    But I know for a fact that there are some pretty good drivers. I know that I, myself have managed to avoid a few collisions caused by older drivers. Your reflexes are also at their peak at about 18-20 so I would say that physically, in theory, P platers do have a physical advantage over a full licenced driver. But one thing I will give you is that a full licenced driver has the experience advantage which in practice does work out to make full licensed drivers safer on the roads.

As a P plater I find it very annoying when people constantly ***** about us when there are a great majority of us out there that know what we are doing and don't do stupid things on a regular basis. So please, I already know what you all think of us so you can stop telling us and please leave me to do what I love in peace.

</rant>

P.S. This is not personally aimed at WS, it is intended for use by all people who take the piss out of P platers.
    Slamo, I was not speaking about every "P" plater in general.

I didn't say that "P" platers were bad drivers either. What I am saying is that all drivers need to obtain experience, and they need to learn to control their vehicles properly before they even begin to think about driving something with more power or for that matter something of a much larger mass.

Yes, there are alot of idiots out there that make it bad for others. But facts are facts, most inexperienced drivers are the ones who cause accidents. Ask any insurance company as they deal with these matters every day. This is why it is more expensive to insure a driver under different age groups than it is to insure a person over certain ages.

That is the whole reason why the law is the law.

Good drivers are rewarded by not losing points on their licence and the bad drivers more times than not are caught doing the wrong thing and lose their licence. Or sometimes even worse learn when bad accidents happen and ppl are killed that doing stupid things like drag racing or burn-outs are really not worth it in the end when they see what can result from having a few seconds of fame in front of thier friends.

I'm sorry to say this Slamo, but experience comes with age and being patient. Everyone needs to have experience no matter what they're doing or attempting to do.

I am in no way putting all teenage drivers into one catagory, I'm just speaking from "EXPERIENCE".

I know there are alot of bad drivers out there, young and old, but there are alot of good drivers out there too, but it took experience.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information