Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Political Party

So says the idiot who brought a burner to my place to replace mine since his was faster... to burn two or three CDR's.

:hammer:

Let's drive 100 miles to say 1 cent a litre on fuel.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Thanks for clearing that up for me Slamo:)

Yep, nothing better than experience when it comes to operating a vehicle.
    Most anyone can look at a regulatory road sign and know what it means, but getting from point A to point B is another issue entirely.
    Here in the US most states use a learners permit, much like the one you described, except there is no tag displayed in the window. (That's not a bad idea actually, then you would be giving other drivers warning that "I'm not stupid, I just haven't done this much, so be careful.") Of course the USA is kinda' like 50 little countries, and I'm not certain on driving laws in all states regarding beginning drivers.

My dad was pretty cool about the whole thing, being a stock-car driver back in the 1950's he taught me the basics of a controlled skid and other useful stuff. I used to go out on the backroads often and practice such things, and in wintertime I really made good use of the "trick-driving" he taught me.
    There are 2 instances where I am positive that those skills saved my life.
    He used to walk around my old beater on a weekend, and ask about each little ding, dent and scratch. I'd tell him the details about how I got them, and he'd shake his head knowingly and ask, "Did you have anybody in the car with you when you did that?" I'd always reply, "Hec no!"
    Then he'd say, "That's good --- those are all small enough your mother hasn't noticed, so keep it that way 'cause I don't wanna' have to listen to her rant about your driving."
    Dang the ol' man was cool! :thumb:

But there are a lot of factors out on the road that can only be dealt with by experience. Road conditions, fog, weather, and even heavy dew can make some rugged conditions that have to be dealt with properly or you could end up involved in varying degrees of tragedy.
    The hardest thing to do is to anticipate the moves of the traffic around you. You're never gonna' get that 100% right, unless your psychic, but with experience you learn to see a lot of things coming, and can react to situations before they occur, minimizing the hazards to yourself greatly.

My #1 rule of driving;
    Never-ever, under any circumstances, ask your vehicle to do more than it is capable of, and know it's capabilities well (use only rural areas to find these things out, PLEASE.) That will save you a lot of heart-ache and worse.

Godspeed guys! it's a jungle out there.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Nice reply Mr C, goodness knows we don't want our youngsters killed before they finally wise up, also insurance companies do charge more for younger drivers and part of that reason is because they are more likely to be out and about at all times of the day and night and the reason for the no alcohol in the bloodstream rule is to try and save lives not to penalise "p" platers :kay:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    So says the idiot who brought a burner to my place to replace mine since his was faster... to burn two or three CDR's.

:hammer:

Let's drive 100 miles to say 1 cent a litre on fuel.

Ummmmmm...........does this have anything to do with the topic at all:confused:

And the difference is 10c/litre between melb and terang. And thats nearly $4 difference to fill my tank. On a trainee wage, thats a lot of money.

It was an example of stupidity.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Slamo

Ummmmmm...........does this have anything to do with the topic at all:confused:

And the difference is 10c/litre between melb and terang. And thats nearly difference to fill my tank. On a trainee wage, thats a lot of money.
    Um how many litres of fuel would you have gone through to save that money Slamo :?:

I didn't fill up my tank in melb, i was just saying i would be better off filling it up while i was there. I didn't say I specifically drove to melbourne to save money on petrol.

A petrol station in my town is going out of business at the moment and is offering 85c/litre fuel. Very cheap indeed.

Again, the fuel thing was an example. I had no idea you filled your car up...
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

This is getting more interesting by each post. :laugh:

It's all in good fun. :D

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information