Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any tips for paintballing?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Can I come too? I haven't been in a while... So you want some hints?

1. Don't let your face mask / goggles fog up.. It's bad...
    2. Avoid any people that are good shots
    3. Shoot everyone else lots
    4. If you are gonna shoot someone, keep shooting them until they give up
    5. Never ask people to surrender.. Just pump em full of paint
    6. Don't be scared. They don't hurt that much. And the welts usually go away after a week or two.. :D
    Thanks Beefy, I'll keep reading this over and over just to remind myself not to take revenge for past efforts.

I do plan on enjoying myself. As for being scared, its just not in my genes.

If you want to come, you best leave for the long drive now.

Any hints on what type of paintgun. I know the 18 volt twin hooper is most prob the best but a tad expensive though,
    at $210AU:eek:

You want to buy a gun now? :eek:
    Wouldn't just hiring one there be cheaper? :?:

$210aud is peanuts for a paintball gun...
    I know people who have in excess of $1000cdn tied up in their gun (~$1500AUD) - & it's not hard to spend more than that too (would catch me doing it though)
    Unless you plan on playing regularly - can't you rent one?

That is the price for hiring one with 1000 paintballs.:eek:

Thats 1000 bruises on a good dozen or so people.
    Worth every cent. :)

As for advise- Cover and teamwork is everything. (in the event of FFA, then just cover)

Stay low, always have a safe spot where you can duck/roll/stumble to so as not to get shot (ideally- at all, but one or two aint bad...most courses have an abundance of cover in the form of mounds/trees/obstacles you can hide behind) and keep your teamates covered. Make sure you talk and organise yourselves before going out to the field. Check your six regulary as well, dont rely too much on teamates to be as aware as you.

A nice warm bath afterwards would be bliss, especially in this weather. Bruises & the cold dont make a good combo.

Most importantly- have fun!

There you go Sis, make sure you team up with your big brother and don't forget Brownie as well, as i am sure she will have fun aiming a few at ppl : peace:

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    Thats 1000 bruises on a good dozen or so people.
    Worth every cent. :)
    gee....I wish every one of my paintballs accounted for a bruise... the vast majority of mine wind up painting the country side a nice pinkish hue :snip:

....another thing, depending on your style of play and how long you play for...you'll be amazed how easy it is to go through 1000 rounds

I play Paintball regularly and its a heck of a time. I play usually a 4 on 4 or 6 on 6. Every year i head Ocala (simple city in Florida) and join a 24 hour scenario paintball Tourny. Now that is FUN!!!!

Anyhow, paintball is like anything else...once you get confidence with the field and lose the fear of hits you get better. Once you know rounds aren't ever str8 you get better. Once you know how to crouch and always maintain a good cover position you get better. A major thing is communication...never lose site of your team and stick with at least one. Not too close to him because if the get him/her they'll get you too. A good site distance for any quick backups.

As for guns...don't get anything plastic it won't last too long with all the husling. I started off with a SPYDER from Kingman. I still use it. That good is not the best but is a great beginner gun and have all sorts of available mods.

This is the gun i use:
    Its automatic but itsnot even close to the best auto out the there. The trigger is electronic and settings are done with jumpers instead of buttons. The features are 3 round burst, 6 round burst, fully auto and semi auto. The trigger is adjustable..i have it so it feels like a mouse click...literally. The trigger is just a piece if metal the real trigger is behind it..a button so its incredible how fast you click that baby. Oh and my gun's color is not like this one..but its the same gun otherwise.
    - Damien

Flaco has the basic doctrine down cold -- Move Shoot Communicate

The fundamentals of fireteam tactics, find a group that can effectively hone those skills and you will deal out death and destruction in large doses every time. Skill level priority1 for ground troops in the 21st century, yessir.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C

you will deal out death and destruction in large doses every time.
    Where do you buy your paintballs Mr.C...at a gun shop?
    :shoot3: :shoot2:
    - Damien

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information