Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: People who steal should

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Barstards !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    I'm armed.... I'm educated.. :)
    I wish I was educated, I could get me a job making change in the 99 cent store then.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

I kinda know the feeling... althought my car was not broken into... but some idiot that didnt know how to park a friggin car.... desided he would side swipe my car when I was at work!!! Brand new car at that time..... I swear.... I have owned so many cars... never crashed any.... knocking on wood... (where is my husband need to barrow his head) but the first time I get a new car.... that happened and of course i was at work and no one seen anything!!! pissed me off!!! The Jurks out there!!

i think the worst punishment would be both a and b..

cut there hand off then make them use win95a

hehehe

:D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    1 thing we don't worry too much about is invasion from a hostile army -- It would just take too many soldiers to have a firefight at every farmhouse and streetcorner in a country this size:thumb:
    You already have a hostily army. In fact it's so modern it has stealth technology.

All the guns out there in the states are you're hostile army. Do you have any idea how many Amercians get killed by Americans each year?

Fact is no man is capable of handling the true power of a gun. It makes us feel like a God. Well guess what, we are not godlike, we are far from it.
    We are the only species on the globe that can kill based on emotions, and not out of necessity. We can even kill for fun.

I don't like being robbed either. But I rather lose matter over life, even if it is the life of the burglar......
    <center>: peace2:

Of course you could just shoot him in the legs.....

<center> : peace2:

Quote Originally Posted by zzilver
    Of course you could just shoot him in the legs.....

<center> : peace2:
    and then get your arse sued off. The one thing that outnumbers firearms in the US is lawyers.

If someone breaks into your house and trips over the dog's bowl, you're going to get sued. If you put a small caliber projectile through their brainpan you stand a much better chance in court.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C

and then get your arse sued off. The one thing that outnumbers firearms in the US is lawyers.

If someone breaks into your house and trips over the dog's bowl, you're going to get sued. If you put a small caliber projectile through their brainpan you stand a much better chance in court.
    You're problably right.

And you have no idea how ridiculous this seems in the eye of a Dutchman.
    Honestly: shoot to kill or get sued.

We don't kill and we do not sue...

Not that we are any better, we are just different. We have got the "poldermodel" Which means something like: endless discussion. Try to understand how bad the childhood of the criminal was etc. And finally don't punish them too hard.
    Even better if you don't try to catch em, you won't have to judge em..
    This system isn't any better than yours but at least people don't get shot over here, only criminals do...
    Because one thing is a Universal law: You don't shoot an unarmed man. Even criminals respect these laws. So they shoot each other, because they both got guns. This may be difficult to understand but it does work this way. Even if the criminal has got a gun he won't use it, because the civilian he is robbing got nothing.

Do you have any idea how many Amercians get killed by Americans each year?
    Yes I DO. AND THAT PERCENTAGE IS WAY THE HELL LESS than the percentage of people killed during crimes ANYWHERE in the world that has gun restrictions. (*with the few exceptions being small european countries who have avoided this problem by having tighly arranged cities, and extremely high amounts of police)

For you to understand how my point is possible, you have to understand what a criminal is trying to achieve with his violent act. In Nearly all cases he wants SOMETHING, and he wants to NOT get caught, or killed, BECAUSE IF HE DOES, his crime was not successful, and therefore he has failed. Criminals are NOT ATTEMPTING TO FAIL.

They want to get in and get out with what they want, as fast as possible, AND NOT GET CAUGHT.

NOW IF A CRIMINAL REALIZES HIS TARGET MIGHT have a gun, THEN he is going to think TWICE, because:

1.) He doesnt want to have to have a confrontation.
    *If he has a confrontation, he will VERY likely be identified as doing the crime and then punished for it, which means his crime will be unsuccessful.
    *He might injur someone, causing the investigation to be MUCH more INTENSE, which means his crime will be unsuccessful.
    *He might run into someone who can over power him, and beat him senseless, and call the cops, which means his crime will be unsuccessful and immediatly painful.
    *If he fires a gun, EVERYONE will hear it, and therefore others will try to stop him, identify him, contact the authorities etc, which means his crime will be unsuccessful.

2.) If the Target MIGHT have a gun, then he can't rob a house armed only with a KNIFE.
    *With only a knife, someone with gun can basically make the criminal surrender, run, etc, without even fireing a shot which means his crime will be unsuccessful.
    *IF HE TAKES A GUN, the crime has just taken a GIANT LEAP AHEAD as far as SEVERITY of the crime. ARMED ROBBERY with a gun will be THOROUGHLY investigated in EVERY INSTANCE, which means his crime will be unsuccessful.

And so just with that ONE reason I mentioned we have almost completely taken every possibility of success away from him. HE has VERY little chance of getting away with the crime, and therefore he DOESN'T TRY IT.

Our method of allowing citizens to own and wield guns has caused SCORES of possible CRIMINALS to NOT EVEN ATTEMPT THE CRIMES they might consider. AND when you REDUCE THAT by 95% (LIKE THE US HAS COMPARED TO ENGLAND), you have reduced the confrontations by 95%, and everything else involved has been reduced as well. ITs 95% easier on the courts, 95% easier on the Police, 95% less "Kay's" of the world, who were victims, and only really lost their safety, one of thier most valulable possessions.

The police can better do their jobs if they aren't swamped, they respond quicker to crimes, the courts are not overwhelmed which means quicker trials, and the POTENTIAL Victums of the CRIMES THAT NEVER OCCUR never know what HORRIBLE INJUSTICES they have avoided, to the SIMPLE fact that they MIGHT have had gun.

==============

SO, Pick your Poison

You can go for the 'eliminate all guns' approach, and have RAMPANT petty theft. Home burglaries, etc Because Clearly GUN LAWS ONLY affect those who OBEY THE LAW. DUH !

( EVERYONE knows it is impossible to get rid of every gun)

Or you could choose allowing citizens to own guns if they want, and in doing so STRONGLY discourage the criminals to EVEN ATTEMPT their acts.

And since I only know of 3 burglaries of ALL THE PEOPLE I KNOW in real life, The choice is clear, option B.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Oh, and in the 22 years I have been on this earth, noone I know has ever shot anyone, or been killed by being shot. And through watching the news over the past 15 years, there have only been 5 shooting deaths in a 200 mile radius of where I live, compared with about 10 or so Murders each year caused directly by Drunken drivers. (in a 200 mile radius)

Guns are not a problem.

Not having Guns, IS a BIG problem, because the criminals will ** ALWAYS ** have EASY ACCESS to guns.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

And of those 5 shooting deaths, FOUR were drug related. So don't get all worried about the innocent people being shot.

Just think of the hundreds that have NOT BEEN SHOT.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information