Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: People who steal should

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Barstards !!!!!!!

I agree 100% percent zeradul

As to analysing a crimials childhood and such. My philosophy is that it doesnt matter.
    Everyone who ****s up chooses too.
    And in choosing to ****up they aoutomatically agree that its ok for my ass to shoot them if they try to break in my place.

In reality the best use of a gun in a robbery situation is to take a loud ass 357 and shoot it in the general direction of the assalent and let the noise do the work. :D
    Dual P2 233@266
    144MB ram
    TNT-M64 POS

In reality the best use of a gun in a robbery situation is to take a loud ass 357 and shoot it in the general direction of the assalent and let the noise do the work.
    Actually, most robberies are STOPPED by the fact that a GUN MIGHT be there. AND THAT IS THE KEY.

With guns stopping 95 % of the robberies before they start, ONLY A FOOL would stop to consider mishaps that MIGHT occur during the remaining 5% of robberies. Much less base an OPINION on that 5%

My state (wisconsin) doesn't allow concealed carry of weapons. (or the carry of weapons in public, at all) BUT when we get a Republican controlled State Senate this November, that will change, (about a third of Democrats even support it, but the Bill was denied a vote by the Democrat who is the President of the Senate (for now))

Anyways, concealed carry is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now ANYONE might have a gun ANY TIME. Florida enacted that law about 10 years ago, and they saw a tremendous decrease in crime, so much so that Car theives who stand at stoplights, and then run up and break windows out of cars with their fists and throw the people out of the car to steal the car, started ONLY attacking cars with GEORGIA LISCENSE PLATES! In jail some of them were asked why they chose Georgia plates, and the EVERY ONE OF THEM SAID, "Because people in the Florida cars MIGHT have a GUN"

Concealed carry of weapons is not somthing that is taken lightly. To earn the opportunity you have to go to a training session once every two years, AND pay 70$ a year for the liscense, AND HAVE NO legal issues on your record.

No conceal carry for you if you have:
    * a DWI
    * a felony of ANY type
    * numerous speeding tickets (ie: your reckless)
    * a conviction of ANY type
    * recorded abuse of your spouse
    etc.

So the people who chose to do this type of thing are mainly retired cops, and retired servicemen... not wild manics like most of the world seems to think. :thumbs do
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Beefy Guest

I'm not doubting you or anything Zeradul, but do you actually have some proof that Americans kill each other less than other countries?

I DO NOT LIKE GUNS Sorry, but with young children in the house I DON'T WANT GUNS IN THE HOUSE I am glad we have gun laws in Australia, and I also agree with Mr C, you shoot a burglar and find yourself in jail for murder........grevious bodily harm etc, and not to mention the fact that for every day of your life after the incident you will remember a life was taken by you :no: :no: :no: :thumbs do

More from zeredul that I like
    I dont know of any car jacking ever in MS, course thats probly due to the everyday sight of a full gunrack in the back of a pickup truck

and about the kids, house thing
    I think anyone who doesnt take proper precuations with guns around young kids isnt much better than a burgler

locking gun cabnets:thumb:
    lock box for ammo:thumb:
    Dual P2 233@266
    144MB ram
    TNT-M64 POS

Quote Originally Posted by Kay
    I DO NOT LIKE GUNS ..... and I also agree with Mr C, you shoot a burglar and find yourself in jail for murder........grevious bodily harm etc, and not to mention the fact that for every day of your life after the incident you will remember a life was taken by you :no: :no: :no: :thumbs do
    I support your stand Kay, honestly a lot of Americans feel exactly the way you do.

However, I guess I came across wrongly - or at least badly.
    I in fact did support in theory, the idea of shooting criminals who have the intent to harm or take my private property.
    What I was pointing out was, that by only winging them - as was suggested by zzilver - you leave yourself open to massive liabilities, so if you shoot, shoot to kill and don't stop shooting until the thief is dead. Or I guarantee, he will tell a different tale in court and you will be extremely sorry and probably wind up working the rest of your life to support the scum.

Ownership of a firearm is not to be taken lightly. Use of a firearm is an even more grave undertaking. Anybody can point and squeeze the trigger, knowing when it is appropriate is the mark of a responsible weapon owner.

Owning a firearm is not a requirement in America. It is a right we have as law-abiding members of a free society. Many people choose not to own a firearm and I respect that fully -- that is also part of living in a free society.

In truth, if faced with the situation and if I had ample time, I'd much rather pin a thief to the wall with an arrow from 1 of my bows and let him think about his stupidity while he bleeds out instead of shooting him. The moron really isn't worth the time it would take to properly clean a firearm after it has been discharged.

FOOTNOTE:
    I personally knew 2 individuals that were shot and killed. Accidents both, 2 entirely seperate incidents. I know 1 man who was the accidental shooter in 1 of those incidents -- sadly, it was his own girlfriend whom he slayed. He is haunted forever by that, and lives with the painful memory each and every day.
    The court found no wrong-doing, but no power could ever convince him of that, he loves her.
    Tragedy of the highest order.

So when someone says they don't like firearms ___ I would never argue with them.

God bless you Chris. I too wish it had not happened.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by wwilliam54

and about the kids, house thing
    I think anyone who doesnt take proper precuations with guns around young kids isnt much better than a burgler
    At what age did you own your first gun?
    How old were you when you first fired a gun?:?:

I was taught how to use a rifle by my father when I was 9. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C

...... The moron really isn't worth the time it would take to properly clean a firearm after it has been discharged.

crossbow

<a href="http://www.harddrivehell.com">http://www.geocities.com/ctnow_da_ru/images/logod.gif</a>

Beefy, The facts that I quote were presented on TLC, in a show about Burglary in England, which was a documentary produced by the BBC. They compared Burglary rates with that of the US, but the show deeply dissapointed me when they didn't mention WHY US burglaries are so much more rare. Also keep in mind, that I am suggesting a per capita deaths by shootings ratio, not raw number comparrison of course which many people seem to think are comparable.

But Beefy, my biggest point, to quote a famous phrase:
    An ounce of prevention is worth a ten pounds of CURE
    *applause*

I DO NOT LIKE GUNS Sorry, but with young children in the house I DON'T WANT GUNS IN THE HOUSE I am glad we have gun laws in Australia, and I also agree with Mr C, you shoot a burglar and find yourself in jail for murder........grevious bodily harm etc, and not to mention the fact that for every day of your life after the incident you will remember a life was taken by you
    Ok, now Kay, please discuss this with me. You would seriously keep your horrible experience of being robbed, over a trade for having a gun in the house (and allowing your neighbors to have guns if they choose), because you doubt your ability to hide it from your children???

I do not agree with Mr. C on his comment about it being wiser to shoot to kill. BECAUSE MY POINT IS, that free possesion of guns DISCOURAGES 95% of potential robberies. AVOIDING IS EVERYTHING. And for the remaining 5% of the possibility you have to do what you can BY:
    1.) you get a dog or two (excellent theft deterent),
    2.) park your cars in a garage (so they don't know when you are home),
    3.) randomly leave lights on at night (if you seriously think you might be robbed on a given night),
    4.) Keep valulables out of the sight of visitors to your home, (50% of robbers are aquantences of the family)
    5.) Own beefy looking doors on your home. (duh)
    6.) Own doors that are impossible to own and close quietly.
    7.) Place NRA stickers in the windows of your vehicles (EG: This vehicle protected by the Smith and Wesson theft deterent system) :D :D
    8.) Make it well known in your neighborhood that you are a Gun owner. (50% of robbers are aquaintences)
    9.) Never tell anyone but close relatives that you are going on vacation. (50% of robbers are aquaintences)
    10.) Own a visible 1000 pound safe (or heavier) and make it clear that you keep everything valulable inside of it.
    11.) Own a visible heavy looking FAKE safe.
    12.) Become very good friends with your neighbors, and therefore whenever you think something is happening (to you or them) you can feel free to spread the info.
    13.) Keep binoculars near windows with good views of approaching roads.
    14.) Use a driveway alarm
    15.) etc. etc. etc.

The only person that can protect you from everything is your self. If your government has restricted your possesion of firearms, then I deeply pity you, the next best option is to learn a martial art.

On the show I saw on TLC, one couple they interviewed were both Karate Black Belts (level 3 and level 5 I believe) anyways, they heard someone snooping around on their upper level, (apparently the guy had come in through a roof dormer) and the called the British Police, and decided they weren't going to let the theif leave. The male blackbelt took the front door, and his wife took the back door, and when the robber came down the stairs with two bags of stuff, he didn't respond to questions as to who he was, and they proceeded to kick the **** out of him as he tried to escape. The British Police however were so overwhelmed with reported burglaries however, it took them 25 minutes to get to the house, and by then the robber had attempted to escape for so long, the couple had knocked him unconcious, and he was taken out on a stretcher.

A speck of justice in a society of constant injustices.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information