Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: People who steal should

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Barstards !!!!!!!

Nice crossbow!:p
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

Concernign burglaries and gun ownership, zeradul might have a point. He certainly feels like it!

But besides fewer burglaries, what else does free guns for everbody bring society.

A couple of months ago a German Kid shot some of his teachers. The whole of europe felt instanly that this was a typical american insident, and felt it was very disturbing that such a school shooting also happend in europe.

I do not know why, but crazy **** usually seems to happen in the states and not in Europe. (besides WOII of course:()

Another point: You won't find any metal detectors installed on schools in the Netherlands. If I had to go to a school which had these detectors installed I would feel seriously treatend by it. You're not 24-7 in a school building now, are you?

Finally. If people handle guns the same way as they drive their cars. I am very happy guns are forbidden in the Netherlands.

Not everybody is allowed to fly a plane. Why the hell should everybody be allowed to own a gun? An intelligent criminal can use a gun in a relatively smart matter (i.o.w. think before acting). A lunitic can't, and it's lunatics who should not have access to guns...

My point is, the more guns you sell to the public, the bigger the risk that someone will use one, for the exact purpose they are made. Sure, free gun ownership will discourage criminality in a way. But on the other hand it will also harden criminals.
    And when criminals and civilians (victims) do meet each other, the situatie will go out of control if they both have a gun.
    The criminal will be far better prepared to use his gun. He is much more experienced in committing crime, than the average John Do is in being a policeman. Ordinary people are not trained for these kind of situations. This is not the same as shooting at a tin can in the back yard.

Zeradul, you mentioned the car theft thing in Florida. Well did the law stop the car thieves? No, they just picked other victims. And very likely, a gun became standard equipment for these car thieves. If you know the person you are robbing might have a gun, you better have one yourself a prepare to use it. I hope you don't drive you're car the same way. I might be robbed so I better be ready to pull out my gun.
    I rather have my car stolen, than stand face to face with those criminals while we are both handling guns. Let the police solve crime, they are trained for it.

You can bomb the world to peaces, but you can't bomb it into peace.
    (Michael Franti and Spearhead)

<center>: peace2:

Quote Originally Posted by zzilver

At what age did you own your first gun?
    How old were you when you first fired a gun?:?:
    My dad wouldnt let me touch them till i proved i was responsible enough
    i was 10
    Dual P2 233@266
    144MB ram
    TNT-M64 POS

Quote Originally Posted by zzilver

At what age did you own your first gun?
    How old were you when you first fired a gun?:?:
    Ownership; age 8
    First time discharging a firearm; I honestly don't remember

Yeah, nice crossbow - I used to have one (built it myself) that would go through bullet-proof glass like nobody's business.
    My ol' Bear Whitetail Hunter will handle the common thicknesses of glass like it ain't nothing.
    The crossbow I gave to my best freinds boy when he was 9, the Whitetail Hunter you're gonna' have to steal. Better than a firearm, just not nearly as handy.
    Got my first bow when I was 8, still have it too.

I have spent about 1000X more time with bows than I do firearms.

I wonder if in the poorer areas of the country kids still take .22's to school to hunt for food on the way home, it used to be quite common in some areas.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Beefy Guest

Zeradul, I can see you feel strongly about this. I don't want to get into a heated argument about all this, but I'm just gonna say a few things.

< rant>
    You've got a hell of a lot of good points there.. but I was just thinking: In Australia, with our stupid gun laws (they are a little over the top), it's hard for all the people who legally want a gun to get one. That's all the laws do here. Make it difficult for any normal person to get a gun. However, getting one illegally is very easy, hence all the criminals get easy access to guns. However, from what I can tell, there's not really that much gun-related crime that happens in the country. (Well, no more than what you expect). As people don't have a free reign (as in the US), there's not so much to fear from them.

Example: Australia's high school system. From what I know, there has not been any gun-related deaths in schools, there's hardly been any incidents. That's because high school students don't have the same kind of access to guns here as they do over there. We've got no need for elaborate security measures to stop things like that. Now, there's a good chance I could be wrong here, but to the best of my knowledge there's hardly anything like that over here. In comparison to over there, where you do have high school shootings, albeit fairly rare, they still do occur.

Anyways, I could go on and on about this. But I won't. Just for the record I have my gun license, and own 15 various firearms... I feel I am a responsible shooter, as that is how I was bought up. If all people were responsible with firearms, then I would like to see relaxed system.. but there's always somebody who will abuse the system, which in turn ruins things for everyone else.

< /rant>

EDIT: I just noticed zzliver's post for the first time after I read this. He basically covered the same stuff as me. if not better. :)

Zedarul your quote...............Ok, now Kay, please discuss this with me. You would seriously keep your horrible experience of being robbed, over a trade for having a gun in the house (and allowing your neighbors to have guns if they choose), because you doubt your ability to hide it from your children???

I never said the guns couldn't be hidden from the kids to start with.......as all parents know the best hidden object is the first to be found by your children. And if there were possible guns in the house I would insist they were in pieces to start with...........therfore defeating the purpose in the first place.

And yes, my horrible experience of having my home robbed I still would take, over the unpeaceful mind i would have at the worry of having a gun and live ammunition in my house, maybe the fact of never owning or using a gun might colour my perception of guns.........but that is fair enough, as i am sure there are probably ppl living in the states that have never and never will own a gun,
    owning or having a gun does not make you "immortal" it only takes one bullet from a distance even to kill, at least with a knife tyou have a better chance of defence as the person would usually have to come close enough for them to stab you.

The world is made up of different ppl, all with their own views and perceptions, wouldn't it be nice if we could actually live together without violence for a change : peace: :kay:

Too many get away with too much for the punisment to be much of a deterrent. Pet cobras are the way to go.

I've never really had a prob w/ ppl burgalarizing(sp) my nieghbor hoods, although, we did have a house robbed down the street, in borad daylight. That seems like the best time to do that. I mean, no ones home. the thing about having guns in one's home... childern, shooting yourself accadintly(sp), and then if your child hasd sucidal urges............;)

on a side note,even though no probibly gives a crap.... My Uncle's a Dutchman, living in Houston working for NATO :bounce:
    Mother's computer WIN XP, ect

Life is hard;its harder when you're stupid--John Wayne

the most effective way of getting rid of a burgalur in your home is by the sound of a pump action shotgun being ****ed. I am onl 14 and i already have to firearms a remington 870 express magnum 12 gauge and a mossburg .22 . i agree with firearems in the hands of the public it is apart of the american heritage and a very fufilling sport. but to be truely safe you just have to follow the rules

1. always act as if firearm is loaded.
    2. keep muzzel pointed away from anything you don't inteand to shoot.
    3.and keep the safety on till ready to fire.

if you follow these three easy and simple rules nobody would get hurt

ITS JUST THAT SIMPLE
    Mess with the Best,
    Die like the Rest
    There are worse things than Death, and I can do them All.
    Backup has arrived
    Stupid people do stupid things, Smart people outsmart each other

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HackofDestruct
    1. always act as if firearm is loaded.
    2. keep muzzel pointed away from anything you don't inteand to shoot.
    3.and keep the safety on till ready to fire.

if you follow these three easy and simple rules nobody would get hurt

ITS JUST THAT SIMPLE
    Actually, it's not quite that simple... especially point 2. What if someone wants to shoot someone else? judging by your rules, if they aimed at what they intended to shoot, knowing the gun was loaded and pulled the safety off, they'd be alright? I think not.

I'm not trying to be picky here, most people do have sense enough to follow those rules. But there's always plenty of exceptions...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information