Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: publicity

:?: I always suspected Alice was sneaking a few:D
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Living in that household she must have, after all who could be that cheerful all the time

Gee...Thanks Mr. C for changing the topic:rolleyes: *beats Mr. C over the head w/ inflatable boxing gloves* I'm gonna agree with StWther. Somthing my da said that I agree with is that the penlities aren't as harsh and that the $$ used to give them pool halls needs to go therpy and/or job training.
    Mother's computer WIN XP, ect

Life is hard;its harder when you're stupid--John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Dlab'sDaughter
    Gee...Thanks Mr. C for changing the topic:rolleyes:
    I was merely turning this topic toward an educational agenda:eek:

In response to Darth's comment on the declining values of society......it's all about TV you know. A lot of folks don't know/realize a problem exists until they see it on TV (Watergate is an excellent example of this - prior to that episode there were actually Americans who did not think politicians were crooks ).

I think the sensationalism of the child abduction/abuse cases is good if it gets people to address the problem.
    Interestingly enough here in the US we have an entire network which focuses on such issues --- Lifetime --- you can almost always count on a good "Bring my baby back" movie playing on that station 24/7.

This whole therapy thing for child molesters is total BS! This isn't something that can be fixed by therapy or medicine ---- unless of course you count putting the offenders into a drug-induced coma so that they can't act upon their sick impulses.

As far as job training goes, they need real out-of-the-way employment, like toll-booth attendants, or lookout tower folks that look for forest fires. Until then if we could get them to stay in pool halls and off the streets then why not:?:

and uhh, ...... Your Welcome!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

:mad: The media isn't "doing its job", its capitalizing on a families grief for profit. :( If any good comes from the coverage it is mostly accidental.

OK, I'm not defending the media here -- they have to answer to their own conscience, when they find one.

But do you reckon that these events would be covered at all in a country with state-owned newspapers and television:?:
    I sincerely doubt it.
    Much truth in the way you stated your post "its capitalizing " -- It's definitely about the money. The question is, how do we as viewers/readers go about making it more profitable to provide the appropriate type of coverage instead of the sensationalism?

I'm thinking it can be done, television shows like Unsolved Mysteries have done rather well and were surely profitable. But we are going to have to act as a majority to get that goal accomplished.

The media has certainly realized there is an audience for these stories -- we need to get them working on behalf of the audience.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr. C
    [B]

I was merely turning this topic toward an educational agenda:eek:

Educational??:D yessindeady... The Brady Bunch are Very ed-u-ca-tional;)

Agree w/ Dr.pb

Well ---- at least 2 people learned something:)

Tune in next week for; String Theory and how it applies to Worldcom accounting:D

I can hardly wait.

yipee!!!:confused:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information