Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whooo Hooo

what broadband options do you have in the good old USA MR C.?

well i cant complain, kid at school takes 20mins to open hotmail. he has realy bad lines down his road.
    TT Original

i'm about 200m from the exchange here so i'm fairly happy

constant 52k

Of course you can Olie

It should be part of our constitution - everybody should have access affordable broadband

I'm in the middle of a major city and still can't broadband with acceptable ping times.

In our modern age this is just not acceptable. I think we should form our own political party TT4B (tweaktowners 4 Broadband).
    We'd get the country vote since everybody who live in the country is feedup with the lousy service and poor access.

Just imagine the improvement in our standard of living, if every household and business was connected to broadband.

You'd be able to work from home (do school from home), Video Phones would actually work.

We could become the most democratic society in the world by holding electronic voting on all major (and minor) issues.

Everybody would have access to cable TV.

You could have the worlds biggest LAN , Just imagine the whole of australia playing an online game.

Beefy would be able to raid my HD for anything that tooks his fancy, Andy would have more stuff to download, Kay would have more people to chat with, Tweak would get more people hitting his website, Mr. C would be able to talk more people into UDing. I could continue my quest to download the Internet. Darth would have more people to give advice to. Oldbugger could continue his quest to freeze his PC.

With hospitals, Doctors & Pharmacies online it would be harder for people to abuse prescription medicine. It would also mean the birth of electronic health record, where any health professional could with your permission look up your complete medical history, making diagnosis and treatment more efficent and effective.

We could become a truly cashless society where all money was electronic.

I think it would be the start of utopia, all it would take is a little bit of fibre

So vote 1 TT4B

: peace2:

yay

you get my vote
    TT Original

cool 2 Votes

that'd be more than the democrats gets

Quote Originally Posted by Kheldar
    what broadband options do you have in the good old USA MR C.?
    1.) Move
    2.)Start a rural broadband service ... I've been doing a bit of reading on that subject, but I'm pretty sure that ATM I lack the skills and funding.
    there is a nice page put up by a community in Colorado that explains how they created a non-profit organization and took the telco to court for line access and now have their own 1 town ISP -- unfortunately, I am unable to provide a link ATM
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Kheldars idea would work if EVERYONE in Australia was into computers. Sadly this is not the case and until the majority of us are, it's just not gonna happen :cry:

stranger things ahve happened. I have prooved that!
    TT Original

:cool: Even in the US, it depends entirely on where you are located. We have cable and satellite where I am. Many within 5 miles of me have other options. Why can't you put up a dish & get satellite (Or is it too expensive?). :cool:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information