Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of foods do you eat?

I've tried goat, venision, kangaroo, rabbit, eel, snake, the only one I thought was alright was rabbit all the rest taste yuk.

Everyone has diffrent tastes.......the cooking makes or breakes game food, many overcook,over spice and over sauce game.
    All the game you mentioned are ever nice, but if you did not gather the game yourself or know who did and have no idea of it age cooking can be difficult
    Some ppl like the game flavors others dont rabbit is one of the least gamie tastes of game.
    See dont like Brussel sprouts no matter how you cook the little buggers
    Im hungry now ....after all that dancing....:D

i had kangaroo one nite in mildura, absolutly beauitiful.
    Morpheus - 99.95% of post r done while in drunken state. It's not a bad thing. It's a good thing!!
    ICQ no 7056660

One of the best game meats i have had was Turtle some koori's cooked up mmmmmmmmmm.

I know it was 99% fresh. I worked at the abattoirs where it had been killed. The venison and goat has the most vile smell too.

lol, but what r u hungry for.

If you want fresh kangaroo, I could always go out along the main road and find you some fresh roadkill, there's bound to be a few out there.

The male goats & deer are very strong in there smell and taste
    especially when in the Rut.

speaking off....the main was fantastic i'm hungry for seconds..:laugh:

I live on the edge of a National park roo's at the back door....
    fresh just poke the rifle out the lounge window...or plenty of
    road kills.
    I here there bad in the dry parts of NSW on the news said thre roos & emeu' are heading south

The roo's r plentiful here atm.
    We were down the sporting fields the other week and lost count of the pack that was grazing up on the side of the hill. At a rough count there would have been at least 250 up. As it was just on the town boarder they can't be shot.

(I don't think you could handle the second course)

Quote Originally Posted by pdv
    Everyone has diffrent tastes.......the cooking makes or breakes game food, many overcook,over spice and over sauce game.
    All the game you mentioned are ever nice, but if you did not gather the game yourself or know who did and have no idea of it age cooking can be difficult
    Some ppl like the game flavors others dont rabbit is one of the least gamie tastes of game.
    See dont like Brussel sprouts no matter how you cook the little buggers
    Im hungry now ....after all that dancing....:D
    There's a lot to be said about the cleaning process as well. Ever see those folks driving around with a dead animal strapped to the vehicle? That meat is spoiling while you watch. Gotta' get those steaks a'cooling immediately for optimum flavor & freshness.

And PDV - I agree fully, turtle is about the tastiest thing on the planet. The trick is getting that rascal out of the shell. I've seen full-grown men struggle for hours and finally throw it out to die. I've also witnessed little-old-ladies born and raised on the river that can clean 1 start to finish in under 10 minutes. You gott'a know how:thumb:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Must admit the only deer i have seen on the bonnet of a vehicle was in Deer Hunter....does tht really happen there......not here
    Mr.C.... Turtle....mmmmm.....mmmmm remember i told you you had the "understanding' lol poor Beefy

I'd prefer the food in here, well except for the popcorn chicken
    :laugh: Geek food

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information