Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For the Aus guys...How many things can kill you down under?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    rabbits are deadly around here.. they got big, nashy teeth.. can rip your throat out in one big bite.....

Sounds like someone has been watching too much Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

We don't have fox, racoon, squirrels or any of the fuzzy lil critters like in North America. It's thue tho - hearing about all these poisonous snakes and spiders etc. in Aust would scare you to death and make you reconsider having a holiday here, let alone living here!! :eek:

Fortunately, we aussies tend to clump in these little concrete villages (89% of the popn live in cities, according to ABS stats). The rest of the country is either desert where nothing but reptiles habituate, or forest,woodlands, swamps etc where human habitation is a challenge only for reality TV shows.

Rabbits are a big prob for farmers. Cats and dingo's too. Dingos for the most part are like foxes of Nth America. Cats - well, they're like the domesticated type, only not... ;) A special class of firearms license allows these farmers to shoot them. (the only other reason for owning a firearm in this country is for sport - ie belonging to a gun club/for use on shooting range)

What UK and NZ call bull bars, we call Kangaroo bars - a metal rollcage-type grid welded in place of (sometimes in tandem with) the front bumper of vehicles that travel alot on country roads tend to suggest that they are somewhat annoying too. If you met one in a std car going the legal road limit, there'll be little left of your pride and joy - and you're left stranded with no mobile phone reception too... Their quick, random jumping nature tends to make them somewhat of an unavoidable hazard too.

I suppose the biggest killer would be smoking or something tho...:no:
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

You know ur more likely to get killed by a champane cork than a spider.
    (posted by izzy in olies name)
    TT Original

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0

Been alot of Shark sightings this year....
    A friend of mine was diving around Port Fairy (near Warrnambool where I live), and spotted a Great White :eek:... started a major search operation :).

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion

Sounds like someone has been watching too much Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Hehehe.. never... ;)

Don't forget slugs. I heard a story not that long ago where some guy ate a slug, as you do, and became really ill. Those things are dangerous !

Actually being the land of Oz, a sure killer is to spill a guys beer. He'll kill ya for sure !
    :cry:
    WooHoo !! I at long last have a job ! Yay for me !

----------------- Proof I think FAR too much ----------------

How does the headless horseman see where he's going ???

Quote Originally Posted by FrodgE
    Actually being the land of Oz, a sure killer is to spill a guys beer. He'll kill ya for sure !
    :cry:
    wouldn't want to spill wiggo's beer ;)

Probably snakes are the worst offenders....... everyone thinks the Indian Cobra is the most venomous - it's number 7 - the top six all live in AUS :eek:

And Slamo - what snakes do you have down there - you obviously don't have Taipans, you definately don't want to use a shovel against them!!! You run!!! VERY QUICKLY!!! #2 most venomous snake in the world is not to be messed around with!!!
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

I almost stepped on a tiger snake once. Not a good idea, I backed away rather quickly !

Never did find that tennis ball....
    WooHoo !! I at long last have a job ! Yay for me !

----------------- Proof I think FAR too much ----------------

How does the headless horseman see where he's going ???

Your all forgetting the women, we are the most deadly ;)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information