Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September 11 - Remembering Back

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

If there are gods may they bless all people of the world
    and spread common sense among leaders
    Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, sleep when you are tired and work when you have to!

Quote Originally Posted by pdv
    If there are gods may they bless all people of the world
    and spread common sense among leaders
    If only more people thought the way you did.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Amen pdv. They are determined to kill us all yet.

We continue to give them the power to do so.

I might as well put in my two cents.

I remember exactly where I was when the terrorists stuck on 9/11. I suppose it's ironic, even. I was in the middle of a military training exercise. Full battle gear, camoflage face paint, M-16 rifle. The works. My platoon was learning how to move under direct enemy fire, as well as offensive combat techniques.

I won't lie to you, when my senior Drill Instructor gathered us around to tell us that terrorists had just slammed an airplane into the side of the World Trade Center, I thought he was playing mind games with us. It was completely unreal. It had to be some sick joke. In those next few hours, days, and months, I saw some pretty amazing things. People were actually being Patriotic, America was coming together. Prior to 9/11, I had the same impression that many others had.. Where was your patriotism on September 10th?

Now, aside from my personal feelings, and my obligations in the military, I can agree with Osiris's post. There ARE people out there who are starving because Americans have laws in place not to provide humanitarian aid to certain countries. I'm sure that poor child's mother feels the same way about me that I feel about the Taliban.

However, to say it's only America doing this would be horribly incorrect. This is a HUMAN problem. We're some heartless *******s when you get down to the thick of it. We're also able to love, and care in ways that astonish me daily.

I look at any child and it brings a smile to my face, tears to my eyes. I think to myself: "This is what I do it for.. This is why I go to work every day."

In any case, I simply thought I would add my thoughts to this string. To shoot the kudos back those halfway around the world: Thanks for your support. It's nice to see someone else gives a damn now and again.

Know this, bin Laden. If I see you, and I don't have my M-16, I'm going to kill you with my bare hands. I could care less what anyone else has to say in regards to this matter. You step on my turf and I'll show you a whole world of pain.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Though I realize that the American nation has a tendency to take care of business no matter the cost, there is something that should be considered:
    Now, I think it's important we remember those we've lost, but if we had a minute's silence for every 3000 Iraqi children killed by food sanctions imposed by the United States of America, we would have to remain silent for nearly three hours straight.
    The sanctions that you noted in the above blurb are not US sanctions against Iraq, they are UN sanctions. Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but your very own country has been a member of this organization since November 1, 1945; only 7 days after it's inception.

Again, I realize that not everything can be done in a happy manner, but to dole out criticisms to only one small party when that is not the case is not serving justice very well, is it?

My thoughts on some of your other points I will keep to myself since I really don't want to cause any hurt feelings on any front. But hopefully this will give folks something to ponder on.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I just remember that I had class and went home afterwords out of shock from what had happened. I don't usually agree with sending our troops out to contries we have no business in (see Bosnia), but now is the time to put on the collective boots and kick Osama Bin Laden and Al Queda's collective ass.
    OBL is plotting more horrible things, like the Sarin nerve gas tests on the dogs. I don't know what is the best way to go about winning, but it's quite obvious we do have a problem on our hands. Not just the US, but the rest of the world.

We are sad for everyone's loss, but should remember all of the other losses and sacrifices as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information