Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September 11 - Remembering Back

God Bless the World
    - Damien

Personally I think that ever scince America has taken God out of their emblem and schools that a lot has been going wrong for them....

Maybe a fluke, but you never know
    :afro:
    Quick!!.Pack your bags!!

The Elephants are coming!!

I only criticize my country with the
    hope I can change it for the better

Dickens said it best:
    God Bless US, EveryOne

First of all I as an American have to agree with some of Osiris points. First of all I don't think the U.S. should of put our nose in someone elses business with the gulf war. But as we have done in the pass we protect the innocent. (This is why they still stand) As too the point on Iraq.... what is pretty much messed up is why didnt we finish the job when we were there??? Now we hear talk of doing the job twice!! (which is pretty much stupid)....

It is pretty much clear that these people are evil.... what they did to the twin towers was pretty much heartless. What they do to the Jew's is just as equal of a heartless situation. I was pretty much disapointed when they were not mentioned as people who have lost love ones. (they too are people too)

I pretty much know the moslim religion pretty well... I married a Egyptian and converted over. After getting a devorce and watching the T.V. and seeing these ASS holes speak as if they are doing it in the name of religion is pretty much bull ****.... There is nothing in the coron that states killing people (innocent people)

See moslims have big issues with Jew's (there religion is so close it makes me sick)

As far as the children go..... these children grow up with what they have been tought to believe.... these children grow up to be bombers.... straping bombs to there body and causeing mass distruction. Me as a parent.... if I knew my son was to grow up and kill many people I would put a stop to it now... with whatever means.

As far as it goes political..... We messed up with Clinton.... when he made us the laugh stock with the monica stuff.... at that time he should of been booted out!! (Morals right) but we left the stupid idiot.... now Bush!! Oh god I can only hope that he doesnt make it for the next 4 years. Anyone that addresses the nation like he does... he is a huge sissy!! as for the vice too. (they remind me of the biggest cowards I have ever seen)

And as a closing....
    Think about this one: These idiots have nurve gas.... they have it for a reason right.... if they use it who suffers??? I say we head our butts over there and do what needs to be done!! Yes alot will suffer (mothers fathers children) but face it its them or US!!
    Personally I pick us.... level them and put them outta commission...

but this is just my point!!

(stormyweather from Tricks puter)
    amd 1200 thunderbird o/c to 1596
    gigabyte ga-7zxr rev. 2
    786 meg of pc133 kingston sdram
    2 w/d 10 gig ata 100 on raid 0
    1 46 gig maxtor 7200 ata100
    1 38 gig maxtor 7200 ata100
    24/10/40 sony cdrw
    window kit and neon
    1 120 blowhole in top and
    3 more posative 80mm intake fans
    1 thermal dragon on processor and a blue orb on the chip set ,blue orb on radeon 64 ddr along with h/s on ram and thermal tech h/s on pc133 ram

and I forgot to say:

GOD BLESS AMERICA

WE NEED IT!
    amd 1200 thunderbird o/c to 1596
    gigabyte ga-7zxr rev. 2
    786 meg of pc133 kingston sdram
    2 w/d 10 gig ata 100 on raid 0
    1 46 gig maxtor 7200 ata100
    1 38 gig maxtor 7200 ata100
    24/10/40 sony cdrw
    window kit and neon
    1 120 blowhole in top and
    3 more posative 80mm intake fans
    1 thermal dragon on processor and a blue orb on the chip set ,blue orb on radeon 64 ddr along with h/s on ram and thermal tech h/s on pc133 ram

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Though I realize that the American nation has a tendency to take care of business no matter the cost, there is something that should be considered:

The sanctions that you noted in the above blurb are not US sanctions against Iraq, they are UN sanctions. Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but your very own country has been a member of this organization since November 1, 1945; only 7 days after it's inception.

Again, I realize that not everything can be done in a happy manner, but to dole out criticisms to only one small party when that is not the case is not serving justice very well, is it?

My thoughts on some of your other points I will keep to myself since I really don't want to cause any hurt feelings on any front. But hopefully this will give folks something to ponder on.
    Also the sanctions are against equipment that can be used to make weapons of mass destruction, Food & medical supplies have no restrictions on them whatso ever. Thats just suddam not willing to trade his oil for food & medical supplies, Instead he wants to smuggle his oil out to trade with china to get the nuclear material he needs for his nuke's.

Thats not to say that America (and to be fair, Australia) have made some big mistakes in dealing with other countries.

To have a realistic chance of ridding the world of terrorism, significant amounts of resources (money, people, knowledge) has to be used to provide these people with a decent standard of living. Because quiet honestly its a lot easier to consider blowing yourself up when your life is already crap, If you've got a standard of living such us "westerners" enjoy then only people who blow themselves up are the truely insane.

Simply killing the leaders of terroism will not solve the problem. sure they'll be leaderless for a time, but others will rise up to replace them. What is needed is to remove the cause of the problem, which has to be the terrible conditions, terrible leadership, constant fighting etc.

At the same time there are certain individuals that we would have been better off if the CIA, Mosad had just taken them out.

What I hope doesn't happen is that after the US & Allies are happy that they've elminated most of the terroist cells, is to abbandon the middle east. Some serious work needs to be done, so these countries have a chance at what we would call a normal life

I read these comments and there are some great sentiments on both sides.

I too offer my condolences again to the families and friends lot on 11 September last year.

What we must all realise, and I think more are, is that bombing tents in the desert or flying planes into buildings, no-one wins. It only entrenches the idealogical differences and sets up the same scenario all over again....maybe somewhere different but all the same issues are there.

We need to address the underlying reasons for the idealogical manias. Ed at Overclockers is a staunch New Yorker. On his site he has posted an editorial showing that at least some are starting to look at WHY these ideologies are always in conflict and things are happening......

I only hope that the majority can and do something about the underlying issues or events like September 11 will just keep happening.

[An old man's ravings]
    The older I get...the better I was

However, to say it's only America doing this would be horribly incorrect. This is a HUMAN problem. We're some heartless *******s when you get down to the thick of it. We're also able to love, and care in ways that astonish me daily.
    The sanctions that you noted in the above blurb are not US sanctions against Iraq, they are UN sanctions. Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but your very own country has been a member of this organization since November 1, 1945; only 7 days after it's inception.
    I'm wholly agreeing with you guys here - and I'm definately not saying that the United States is the only country doing this here. I'm not at all happy with the way my own country has handled humanitarian/political situations - and I especially don't like the idea of Australia going to war in Iraq. We have a shocking human rights history - the treatment of Aboriginal people in the country is appalling, and our attitude towards asylum seekers is repugnant. Quite a few so-called *civilized* western countries are guilty of dubios acts. Maybe the reason so much anger gets directed at the United States is because it's so powerful, and has the greatest ability to inflict damage on the world.

But as we have done in the pass we protect the innocent.
    I think that's taking things a bit too far... maybe replace 'the innocent' with 'America's interests'.

It is pretty much clear that these people are evil.... what they did to the twin towers was pretty much heartless. What they do to the Jew's is just as equal of a heartless situation. I was pretty much disapointed when they were not mentioned as people who have lost love ones. (they too are people too)
    Who are 'these people'? You seem to be bundling all Arabic Muslims into one package here. Although Al-Qaeda claim to be Islamic fundamentalists, most clerics of the faith denounce their views as warped.

Think about this one: These idiots have nurve gas.... they have it for a reason right.... if they use it who suffers??? I say we head our butts over there and do what needs to be done!! Yes alot will suffer (mothers fathers children) but face it its them or US!!
    Personally I pick us.... level them and put them outta commission...
    I don't think there is any direct evidence that Iraq has chemical weapons, if I'm wrong, correct me please. But, 'they have it for a reason'? It's interesting to note that American military policy considers all weapons of mass destruction to be equal; ie, a nuclear weapons is a biological weapon is a chemical weapon. Also, if I remember right, very recently Iraq offered the United States congress into Iraq for complete weapons inspection if they so chose. The USA denied, why I don't know, perhaps they knew they wouldn't have found anything... Lastly, I hate to see the words 'level them and put them outta commission', because that just shows the blind violent attitude that makes this world such a dangerous place.

"Why is it that when they attack us, it is called terrorism but when we attack them, it is a pre-emptive strike" - Hereld Sun Reader, 50/50

That's our perception - What does the other side say about us attacking them?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information