Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad day at work

At my work (a supermarket), people are always after brownie points. The minute something is said about a manger, someone who heard the conversation will be straight into the managers office to give them a full (altered) version of the story.
    Such thing happened today when I inadvertadly said something about my front-end manager. She later confronted me and told me a chain of events unlike what had really happened with a few things added in. I denied all of the false claims but she won't believe me and told me she can't believe how two-faced I am and said she will never trust me with anything ever again.

I was wondering if it is just my workplace that operates like this or am I in for 35 years of this kind of arse-licking workplace environment where everyone uses brownie points to get to the top?

It's not the only place - People will do anything to get ahead, even if it is two-faced.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Hmmmm....just what i thought, not to worry, I have planned a few revenge attacks already.

;)
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

That's just how the work environment operates, once the employees get over about 4 this will be a common occurrence. In the end you either ignore them or join them, your choice in the end. I prefer to laugh at the idiots and not say anything infront of them. Just sit back and think how pityfull their lives really are when all they have to do is gossip and backstab. :laugh:

Beefy Guest

Workplace is like the jungle.. survival of the fittest...

I like it better when the under-dog comes out on top (I always back this one). Then that's a good slap in the face for the mongrels that are *****ing in the first place.

I found the perpetrator, apparently she has been dobbing me in non-stop for a couple of months now.

It was someone who I thought I was good friends with and I really trusted her.

Before I left today I told her "I hope the brownie points were worth it"

I think she got the message because if not, she'll definately get it on monday :hammer:

Beefy Guest

you work at a supermarket? Do a MacGuyver.. get a couple common objects, turn them into some big trap and someone turn everything around so it's her fault.. and make sure there's a happy ending. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Slamo
    I found the perpetrator, apparently she has been dobbing me in non-stop for a couple of months now.

It was someone who I thought I was good friends with and I really trusted her.
    That's the way they operate. Suck you in hook, line and sinker. You'll know better next-time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information