Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Something well kinda sad

Well I was looking through the member lists and I found some stats that are kinda sad :(.

Out of a total of 11355 members there are only 168 members that have more than 25 posts. An only 1806 members with more than 0 posts.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maybe tweaktown shouldnt have that thing where you can't view it if youre not a member.

Oh well,

-PGA1234
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

You'll find this exact same situation in a lot of different forums - People sign up just to view the forums.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

lol, i have been joined to OCAU for about 4 months, visit almost everyday and have about 30 posts to my name
    TT Original

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    You'll find this exact same situation in a lot of different forums - People sign up just to view the forums.
    I don't know but I think you don't have to sign up to view the forums over at www.pbreview.com I might be wrong though.

hmmm, I do not remeber...but does this forum make you sign up to view it? If so, maybe it would be nice if ppl could view it without having to sign up. And to take care of bandwidth problems....have a guest max = 50. And if it exceeds that tell ppl there is no more room for a guest account, but they can sign up blah blah blah.:geek:
    Just a suggestion that might keep the bogus one timer accounts down.
    BTW: It is really annoying when ppl makeonly one post and it is how can I steal M$ XP...my cd key generator is not working...omg! Pisses me off a little

Yeah you have to sign up to view it... I would think you would be able to change that. I would think you wouldnt want people to have to sign up. You get "Fake" members :(.

Well the only reason you would want ppl to sign up is to keep constant browers away. Bandwidth cost money, the more ppl the more money... That is why I like a guest idea! hehe:laugh:

Yeah I guess, whatever :(

Another thing to consider is that I'm sure many people that sign up are real newbees (some of the posts will verify that). They are just like the rest of us when we started - lots of questions and few answers. They need help, but can offer little in the way of assistance other than to post "yeh, that's a bummer man!". Some people won't post because their writing skills are poor. Some may think they will look silly if they post a "wrong" answer. And I am sure there those that don't want to bother helping.

That's true. You learn a lot of things through constant interaction with the forums, etc.. I can definately say I've expanded my knowledge of tech and the web (where to look, etc) through visiting these forums. "These" being TT and everyone elses forums. You have a question, you ask, you get an answer.

I'm unfamiliar with the capabilities of vBulletin. Maybe there is a feature to purge accounts that have say, less than 10 posts, that have not logged on in X amount of days, weeks, etc.. Perhaps a simple script could be written to search through the database log of vBulletin that would do this. Of course, users would have to know that this condition exists. One can only speculate without proper answers.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Thread Information