Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Should the United States take out Iraq

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinion: United States attacking Iraq

You know what's really going to suck if we do attack? The prices of gas are going to go uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. Wouldnt be suprised if they go up to $3 a gallon...
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Most of the world has been paying that, or more, for years.

Besides, no matter what happens - the price isn't going to go down:laugh:

The oil companies own us:(

ever notice when the price per barrel increase .05, we pay .17 per gallon more at the pump
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Beefy Guest

Can someone please give me a DEFINITE reason why the US should invade? None of this 'what they might be hiding' stuff either.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Can someone please give me a DEFINITE reason why the US should invade? None of this 'what they might be hiding' stuff either.
    Apparently not ----- could the propaganda machine be broken:eek:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

We as United States Americans have pretty much brought this on ourselves. I say this because we elected Bush in. (This I will tell you was the worst thing in the world)

I know if we go to war it will probably be the end of man kind. It was predicted that the end of the world was going to be the holy war.

As far as the comment about the oil. The United States has plenty of oil. Why we dont use it is beyond me. Texas is nothing but a oil mine.

As goes my comment about about the bush's... I hate that name!! The war should of been finished back when goood old daddy was in power.... now we are sending Jr. to do what his father should of done in the first place.

All I know is if it comes down to it and we end up gone I hope we were atleast the winners. I personally wish that we all could just get along. But this is too hard of a job to do!! There is just too much hate in this world. You have mothers beating there children killin them too, fathers who commit incess, guys running around at random killing people. It all just sucks!!

Quote Originally Posted by StormyWeather
    I say this because we elected Bush in.
    Excuse me!!!
    Are you a Sureme Court Justice?
    Because I am certainly not, and the votes of the Supreme Court Justice's were the only votes that were counted in that election.

Geez Oh Pete - The Constitution died that day!

Well Florida did screw up the votes there too. I think we should of had a revote just to see who was actually the winner. And living in Florida is will make me even more sick if Jeb Bush gets voted to be the governor again!! Yuck!!

Someone asked if there was an actual reason to invade other than just the possibility that they have some hidden weapons.

I've heard some government officials relate the situation to our Cuban Missle crisis of the 60's .....

I am assuming (big assumption) that this means they have reconissance (sp) that show a build up of something that is a threat. And I have heard complaints that George W isn't letting them show the pictures of what the threat is.....

I voted in the poll as uncertain....

I don't want a threat to the free world left unchallanged... but I also don't want this mad man lashing out at perceived hostilities either.....He will not play by any civilized rules that for sure.

I also fear for the people of Iraq. They are led by a Looney!

Bush is an idiot. That's a bad thing when an idiot controls the most powerful military machine on the planet. Bush says things that assure me he believes everybody else is an idiot (only an idiot could believe some of his B.S.). That pisses me off! I consider myself a patriot. I served in the military in the 60s-70s. I believe that if a country were to attack us or our our allies, we should quickly kick some ass. His sabre rattling belongs in the bygone era of empire building. I think he is wrong for at least the following reasons:

1. Saddam might do bad things (says Bush) - so now the U.S. government is in the business of mind reading; he has done things before and been severly punished, have we given up on deterence?

2. One of the best ways to prevent war is to always condemn the one who struck first. Even Hitler knew that, and tried to fabricate an incedent with Poland so he could claim it was only retaliation. Bush's new first strike policy gives up any chance of automatically holding the high ground. It also sends a message to other countries (Pakistan, N. Korea, Iran, etc.) that preemptive strikes are acceptable.

3. It's obvious that Bush is grasping at straws to justify his position. He has even backed away from his stance that Iraq had ties to Bin Laden when pressed for evidence. He hides behind the "National security" excuse when asked for specifics as to Iraq's WMD capabilities.

4. Bush says that Saddam might strike first, and that is unacceptable. Bush wants to strike first, and that's OK. Pretty logical heh?

5. Bush mentioned that "Saddam is the man that tried to kill my Dad". Anyone who allows personal emotional feelings to come into play can't be trusted to make rational decisions on international policy. A President who does it for public consumption is discusting. I will always want to believe that any time my country goes to war, my leaders have applied carfull, logical, thought to the decision, and are truly acting in the national interest.

6. Bush can't run an effective govenrment at home in an envirement he should be familiar with. How the hell does he think he can set up an effective government in a foreign country about which he seems to know so little?

7. An attack will not be an isolated incedent. There will be repercussions with a direct history to this attack for many years. Bush probably can't even spell "unintended consequences".

Sorry this ran so long, but it pushed a button.

Well Said Bigjackusa

Remember WMD it only takes 24 hours till it effects everyone!!! Personally this whole situation excuse my language F*CKING sucks!!

I have kids ... what lies in there future??? Will they even have a future???

With our idiot.... Bush!! He can not get up and address the nation without studdering out words. He talks like and idiot! He spends most of his time hidding behind some wall or another. (chicken) And threw all of this were the hell is our vice pres??? (chicken #2) is he even alive??? I would like to see Bush take a walk down the streets of New York.... I would wonder how many people would walk up and greet him or how many would run home and get there guns??? LOL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information