Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anime Fans Here-->

Did someone say anime?:geek:

IMO, there seems to be a lot more attention to detail and the quality of anime than a lot of american 'toons. Simplistic generally when it comes to people, but the cool stuff comes in when you see mechanical items rendered: big robots, vehicles, space ships, etc.

Of course there is american stuff like Looney Toons (most WB stuff is pretty good)...but I cannot stand the Nicktoon style crap they pass off as animation. I know it's for kids, but the stuff I watched as a kid still is pretty good by today's standard (like G.I.Joe, He-Man, ThunderCats)

I'm actually a little scared to go to an anime convention. Seeing actual humans dressing up as an drawn character makes me grit my teeth---especially when you have not so slender people in tight spandex (or less). If I were to go to one, it would be the one stormybaka's told us about---I'm not gonna go from the US to AU for a convention (sorry guys)

:snip:

yeah, what will make you even more annoyed is that I heard they are making a live DBZ movie. not a cartoon movie, but with real actors....blah! I think it will end up in the same bin as street fighter and mortal kombat the movies....just utter crap!:thumbs do

Yes someone did say "anime"

*shudders* Anyone dressing up in spandex or as an anime character is scary...An hell no, I may lay claim to be an otaku and most likely spend too much money on anime, But I think I'd prefer death than to dress up as anime character...

I will be seeing the premiere of Cowboy Bebop movie tonight...Woohoo
    "I'm back!" ^_^

I've heard good things about Cowboy Bebop, but I've got some other anime's to see: Serial Experiements Lain, Vandread, Gasaraki, Akira, and Armitage III.

Yeah Cowboy Bebop is one great anime...It has to be one of my favourites...I have the whole series on DVD...Actually I had Cowboy Bebop on my list for my AMV to do list...:D
    "I'm back!" ^_^

But what I hear Cowboy Bebop will be available on DVD in the states in early 2003,
    Serial Experiements Lain, Vandread, Gasaraki, Akira, and Armitage III.
    All good for sure...
    If you like Cowboy Bebop, you could also try Irresponsible Captain Tylor and Trigun...
    If you like Vandread also try Nadesico, Gundam Wing, Neon Genesis Evangelion...
    Also The Slayers and Magic Knight Rayearth are good...
    "I'm back!" ^_^

I have NGE and Nadesico. Nadesico is one of my favorite series along with Bubblegum Crisis (the original not the Tokyo 2040 one)

Hey morgan if you like anime here are a couple of good sites on is a divert of the first and was somewhat create during the temp crash time of the first one...

animemusicvideos.org

or

T.A.N.C. this is not a cartoon.

Actually rephrase that better without spelling mistakes...
    the first site crashed down for a while and some members started up other forums to keep in contact. so the second site was sort of an extension of the first...:D
    "I'm back!" ^_^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information