Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP: this is getting to be to much!!

This is starting to drive me crazy!!! Everytime I make a post and someone answers the post I made it sends to my email address a confirmation. I thought I had solved the problem by going into user cp. I have the option marked as NO and it is still sending them. I went into my mail box today and there were 500 replies! I have also tryed changing my email address from the one I use most often to my hotmail email address. But for some reason it doesnt want to do that either.

Please HELP!!

click on "user CP" and check if you are subscribed to any threads

OK, I'm guessing that you are still subscribed to those threads.

go to "User CP"
    go to "My VB Home"
    Click on "View All Subscribed Threads"
    then click on "Unsubscribe From All Threads"

That should fix you right up!

If not, let us know - we'll think of something else:thumb:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Ya I had that same exact problem. And I did exactly what Mr. C just now said to do (half a week ago). I thought that by simply unchceking unsbuscribe in the User CP would do the trick but I was wrong I had to unsubscribe every individal thread I was subscribed too. Those emails got sooo annoying that I just couldn't take it. I looked in my deleted email's and all I saw was tweaktown down the list.

Subscribing is a useful tool when used in moderation.
    Great for when you start a thread asking for assistance, for example.

But if you do it indiscriminately it will turn into a monster of biblical proportion given the volume of posts some threads can draw.

I think when I first signed on I went with the option of subscribe to all threads I post in. Now I rarely subscribe - but it is always nice to have the option on a per thread basis.
    You can always subscribe to an individual thread by using the link at the far right in the long grey box that appears centered immediately below each page of a thread.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Now that is definitly true. If I had a problem I could get the answer quickly as possible. and like you said subscribing to everyhting can be of annoyance. It was like I posted in the ABC words once or twice I was getting a new email every 2 minutes lol

OMG i did this and I hope it works .... Thanks guys for the HELP!!:wave:

it will work. You'll notice that the rate of emails will go down and if someone hasn't replyed to a thread in a while and just now did then it'll come through so just unsubscribe from that one too.

Beefy Guest

:) That's the whole reason I'm only subscribed to two threads, and that's the way it's gonna stay

I'm guessing "The Event Of The Year" is one of your favourites *chuckle*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information