Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How old were you when you built your comp?

i was 8 when i built my first PC it was a great P200 MMX hehe.. :devil: my first PC was a 386 , i was 6 .

I just finished (for now...) building my new computer (all by myself : party ha ) this summer, and I'm 27. I bought all the parts at a few different stores (looking for the best prices), and put it together. But I had a computer store build my last one for me about 4 years ago (I spec'd it, then repeatedly upgraded it myself). And as for my first one, I'd say that was about 7 years ago, and I didn't really know alot about computers then, but I did a few upgrades to it (S3 Virge {see what I mean} ,Canopus Voodoo 6mb {started to learn} ,doubled the ram, etc...)

...Now I'm hooked....It's become a sickness really...

oh it is a sickness. You need to have or dream about having (depending on the cash flow situation) all the newest and greatest technology. My friends and I try to sometimes put the most expensive boxes together possible. With raided scsi 15000rpm drives, and multi processors, 40 inch plasma monitors, etc. eheh, 25k USD, not bad for a new box...

I'm not sure if it counts, but I was in year 1 when I was given a Apple IIe and I pulled it apart and put it back together...:D And to everyone's amazement it worked... But I don't remember it that well. I remember to a degree but I have had alot of computers since and built quite alot of others since.
    <hr>
    Only 1/2 an hour left till I can go home...
    "I'm back!" ^_^

I was 28 when I built me first PC

However I started modding my Amiga's a long time before that (ie installing a 3.5" HD where the amiga uses a 2.5" HD

I also rewired the mouse on one of em

I built MY first PC when i was 16 and had the money for a super fast Slot A 500Mhz Athlon and 64Mb RAM (the 128 stick was too much)

The first PC i really built was when i was 14 and took apart mom's P2 266 and had to put ir back together, luckily i turned it of correctly and didn't mess with the HD so there was no need to reinstall any OS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information