Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How can you tell it's time?

Yep once it starts havin' problems with the work load required then it's time for something better. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Beefy Guest

I had two machines sitting at home a while back.. a P3 700 and an Athlon XP 1800+. I honestly couldn't tell that much difference when doing most things. Sure, everything looked that little bit sweeter on the XP, but both were very playable. The only reason I upgraded the P3 to a Duron 1200 is because a mate wanted a PC, so I sold it to him and made myself another one out of parts to replace it. Free upgrade almost...

As for all the cool reviews and stuff you see, even if you did upgrade and buy all that, within a month you'd see more stuff that was cooler / better / faster / etc... it's not worth trying to keep up.

Atm really anything more than an XP1800+ with 512MB DDR and a GeForce3 Ti200 (or equivelant setup) is just a bonus. ;)

but then after usin' this K6-3+450 @ 560MHz & TNT2 M64 for 4yrs now I'd like the bonus that the XP2200+ & GF4 Ti4200 will give me (now, where is that mobo at?) :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

lol, the problem with this comp is: It can't run games worth a $^#Q@$. So it's time to upgrade :)
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

A neighbor of ours is moving back east and he gave me his old Compaq Athelon 700 machine. He said it never worked right and so he bought a MAC.

It's got built in firewire, dvd, cdrw, 40 gig hd and a few extra slots available.

He wanted me to have the puter cause he knew I tinkered a bit with them.

I had it up and running just fine in a day, went and offered it back to him in working order. LOL....he turned it down saying.. "If all the money I spent on Tech support couldn't fix it, it wasn't worth having."

It's not the fastest thing in the world but it's full of extras.

I popped some more memory in it, hooked my scanner to it, added it to the network and am using it for my graphics. Seems to work pretty well. All it needs now is a video card upgrade and I think it will be good to go.

I am in the same boat as pga1234, I cannot even get gta3 to run on my computer...
    Oh well, maybe I will have a working motherboard for my new parts some day....whenever that may be!!!

I like the idea of building a computer and trying to optimize it to its limits see how much i can squeeze out of it.:D
    - Damien

Gee, do ya mean that that idea is unnatural?

Well you are the first one to mention it always ....you know it feels good when you have a 2000+ running as a 2200+...its like i paid this for this...what a deal!
    - Damien

Nah, that's just cruizin'. :devil:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information