Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Weather in Florida

Hmmm...

Am I the only one who likes the snow then? I'm hoping that we get it by foot this year. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Hmmm...

Am I the only one who likes the snow then? I'm hoping that we get it by foot this year. ;)
    Its not that I don't like snow...I have never seen snow EVER. The only snow I have ever seen is that fake stuff. You know the ice that gets chopped up and thrown from a hose from a truck into a field? Of course that was when I was alot younger.

I don't mind the 40-60 RD but man at 6AM i can't even drive my fingers get way too cold...heater blasted all the way and all...its nice tho around 10am and even better when you go out...
    - Damien

ya definitly.........but horrible when the son isn't out yet.

Yup...you know the feeling..last year i was testing and inspecting a bridge job at Campbell Drive in Homestead...and dude when i touched that concrete and water...and then let that wind hit your hands...it was bitter cold...!....my fingers hurt
    - Damien

I have never seen snow fall, but I did see old snow in Flagstaff Arizona. I thought it was going to be all nice a fluffy, and i jumped into it ass first...it really hurt. No one ever told me that old snow would harden and turn into ice. hehe, I guess that is what you get for being born and raised in a tropical climate! hehe:laugh:

FLaCo

I had a pretty cold job about 30yr ago. I worked night shift (10pm-10am) maintanence at a ski resort. We pumped water from a river up the slopes for the snow machines. One night a valve broke in a connections pit, and it filled waist high with water. It was well below freezing and we were making snow. I had to climb into the pit and fix the valve. When I got out I could only take a few steps before my (thoroughly soaked) insulated coveralls froze solid from the waist down. I had a big, two-fisted screwdriver that I beat on my knees enough to break the ice enough so I could get on my ATV and get back to the maint. shack. Another time I had to climb a chair lift tower in a blizzard to fix a cable that jumped off. Couldn't stay up there more than 10 min at a time with the wind packing snow in my ears and nose. I would stay up until my hands couldn't hold the wrench anymore. When I'd drop the wrench, it was time to climb down and warm up. All my drinking buddies back then used to piss me off by calling me "snowman" all of the time because of my job.

Quote Originally Posted by saidin
    I have never seen snow fall, but I did see old snow in Flagstaff Arizona. I thought it was going to be all nice a fluffy, and i jumped into it ass first...it really hurt. No one ever told me that old snow would harden and turn into ice. hehe, I guess that is what you get for being born and raised in a tropical climate! hehe:laugh:
    I have never seen snow period...i'm in the same situation as RD...it did snow once in florida tho..
    - Damien

ya it snowed in florida back in 1979. But that was before my time... :(

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information