Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Weather in Florida

All donations greatfully recieved :D
    but this is our weather today :(
    Warnings
    Fire weather warning
    NSW FIRE WEATHER WARNING
    BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY
    NEW SOUTH WALES REGIONAL OFFICE
    Issued at 1020 on Tuesday the 22nd of October 2002
    for Tuesday the 22nd of October 2002

Hot, dry and windy conditions are expected to cause VERY HIGH TO EXTREME
    FIRE DANGER in the following weather forecast districts:

Lower Western,
    Riverina.

TOTAL FIRE BAN

The Commissioner, NSW Rural Fire Service has TOTALLY BANNED THE LIGHTING OF
    FIRES until midnight tonight [Tuesday 22nd October 2002] in the following
    weather forecast districts:

Hunter, Mid North Coast,
    Northern Tablelands,
    Lower Western,
    Riverina.

Has it come time for the firefighters to fight the fire with fire?

Usually burnbacks take place from late autumn to early spring..............but not this years as it has been TOO DRY :(

I'm assuming by burn back you mean fighting fire with fire?

If so usually they control it by burning some land and putting it out then burning more land and putting it out and trapping the fire within that circle so it can't burn no more. So why haven't they done this?

Wow, that sounds pretty bad! We here in Florida were put on a very strick water restriction.... It started that you could only water your yards everyother day... this included washing cars. Then it was only once a week watering your grass and not washing your cars.... then it was dont water grass or wash cars at all!! It was bad that for the 4th of July they banned fireworks. I know a couple of people that got big fines of $500.00 for watering there grass!

It sounds pretty bad the weather over there Kay!! I'll wish for rain for you guys!! And you let me know if it gets really bad tht you dont have drinking water... cuz I'll ship ya some with no problem!! Shipping might be pretty exspensive (lol) but if you guys are even in that big of a need for it I would do what ever I could to send it to ya'll!!

Thanks Stormyw for the offer but only send water suitable for coffee lol thanks

and back burns means burning controlled fires to clear out underbrush here...... to try and minimise the risk of big bushfires happening, but I understand "Elvis" has been sighted in the country ;) so we we have to wait, and see, but hopefully we will have a wet, rainy summer, that all of us can complain about :laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    I'm assuming by burn back you mean fighting fire with fire?

If so usually they control it by burning some land and putting it out then burning more land and putting it out and trapping the fire within that circle so it can't burn no more. So why haven't they done this?
    Houses and bushland co-incide in the mountains where the fires are atm and too dry to make the risk of backburning really safe :kay:

I knew what backburns were hehehehe.... lol about elvis!! Ok coffee water will do :thumb:

*licks lips* thanks Stormyw :thumb:

Same here...let us know...and if you need dishwater aswell...lemme know also
    - Damien

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information