Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bushfires Are Back

Damn but ya'd think after last Xmas that there'd be nothin' left to burn here, http://news.ninemsn.com.au/National/story_41089.asp , but sadly I woke up to another warm bright morning and the smell and smoke is back as Sydney is bein' ringed by bushfires again (11.30am now and 34c already). :(

And I thought this was spring. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

wow ya makes me feel at home. Every summer here in florida there is always a brush fire. I remember one day on the high way at night when you looked to your left all you saw was pitch black cuase of the everglades and you saw in the distance where there were no trees blocking your view the sky was lit up in orange and you saw flames for miles and miles and miles. Kinda sucks how these fires get so big that they get out of control and firemen have to "fight fire with fire"-Metallica

And just liek you smelled it everyday just walking outside certain days the envirenmont was actually cloudy! And foggy. Not just any fog but it was the smoke that was all over the place cuase the wind carried it. That's all you smelled and you could barely see it was like the fire was right there.

Yeah, well last Xmas I couldn't see the fence 11m (38'approx) from me (thankfully not that bad here yet for most). :eek:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

you couldn't see something 38 feet in front of you? now that is bad. I've never seen anything that bad.

And I was 25km from the nearest one. :eek:

What's that in miles? I don't have a converter with me.

About 16 miles but most were like 30+ miles. ;)

A few of the ones in Queensland they're worried about jumpin' the border into this state atm. :eek:

<center> </center>

Yes Florida get's it's share of brush fires as well. They are mostly caused by lighting. Florida happens to be the lighting capital. But thankfully here it only consist of pretty much trees since the everglades consist of trees and sawgrass. Last year it came close to some houses. It almost took out Holiday Park which is a little park that runs airboat charters and stuff.

well at least here in victoria we don't have them that often, although when we do get them they are HUGE!

Did anyone say Ash Wednesday?

Unfortunately they think a lot of these bush fires have been lit on purpose....................grrr lock the culprits up in a smkey cell I say

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information